“Blah” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Windsor

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Windsor to your Saves list
Super 8 Windsor
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2265 Huron Church Road, Windsor, Ontario N9C 2L9, Canada (Sandwich)   |
Ranked #11 of 34 hotels in Windsor
Toronto
“Blah”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the super 8 this past weekend. our warm welcome from an attendant was non existent! we waited 10 mins for someone to show up. what really bothered me was he wanted me to sign a blank bill of sale which stipulates the fact that I am responsible for all charges listed. I asked him to fill in the amounts before I sign and he was appalled. I don't get it. The room was decent. clean and basic. Would I stay here again... I'm still undecided. and don't count on the continental breakfast-at 9am there was nothing there. I wonder what they consider breakfast time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super_eight_windsor, Manager at Super 8 Windsor, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Natalie D,

Firstly I would like to apologize you and your guest on behalf of my front desk staff who was not present on check-in. Please know after inquiring with him I was told that he had to go to one of the guestroom to help one of our senior guest with his laptop.

Hotel clerk asked to sign the registration form with all your details and license plate number of the car. It is just the standard procedure at our hotel. Please know our goal is to make your stay as comfortable and as pleasant as possible.

Hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and your guest in the future and we will make sure you will not be disappointed.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 519-966-8868.

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed in Windsor a few times over the last few years and by far the Super 8 just failed on many levels. If you plan on simply just staying the night and driving out the next morning, then this location might be okay. I found the odours at the Super 8 to be so strong. First, as you walk in the distinct strong smell of perfume and I want to say curry is very noticeable and is not what you want to be greeted by. The rooms upstairs were plagued by the remnants of smokers cigarette smells. Not at all what a person wants, especially as a non-smoker. The odours influenced my decision to leave early, though I lost the money on the room I already paid for. The service was friendly though the one guy's knowledge of English was questionable and difficult to understand. Maybe not the best choice for the front counter. The location of the Super 8 is rough if you want to do anything in Windsor. A solid 10-15 minutes to downtown, 15-20 to the north side, you have a boot to anything. There is nothing of substance within walking distance. No decent bars, mediocre choices for food. I would just stay elsewhere considering the obvious detractions going against the Super 8. Though relatively clean, the passive nature of the staff with loud patrons at 430am was not appreciated. I have seen much worse than the Super 8 in Windsor, but I have seen so much better.

Room Tip: I'd be staying elsewhere unless you want a cheap place to stay while in transit on the way to/ba...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Super_eight_windsor, Manager at Super 8 Windsor, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear TD Superstar,

Thank you for your review, I would like to apologize for your experience which was less then satisfying. Review such as yours help us improve our services on daily basis and please know your feedback is very important to us.

Hotel is considering to go 100% smoke free and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again I apologize for your experience and if you would like to discuss further please call me at 519-966-8868.

LINDSAY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The bath tub safety mats are a very thoughtful touch. We look forward to staying again at your establishment on May 2nd 2013 after our return from Florida. ( Also the muffins are very good.) The complimentary newspaper also a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super_eight_windsor, Manager at Super 8 Windsor, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you for your valuable comment, we look forward to see you during your next visit to Windsor.

Hope you have a safe trip to Florida.

Angeli Vaidya

Been to Super 8 Windsor? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Windsor

Windsor Super 8
Super 8 Windsor Ontario
Address: 2265 Huron Church Road, Windsor, Ontario N9C 2L9, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Windsor > Sandwich , Sandwich South
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 34 hotels in Windsor
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Windsor 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Otel so you can book your Super 8 Windsor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Super 8 Windsor, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.