“Never again!! (3)” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Limited Windsor

Save Saved
You added Ramada Limited Windsor to your Saves list
Ramada Limited Windsor
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2225 Division Road, Windsor, Ontario N8W 1Z7, Canada (Devonshire)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead; Save 15%
Ranked #23 of 34 hotels in Windsor
Kitchener
“Never again!! (3)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed in the one in Windsor over a month ago now.
I saw a bug in the room before I went to bed but I didn't think anything of it.
When I woke up in the morning I was covered in bug bites.
I called and complained but they have just pushed my complaint aside. They are also avoiding me and won't call me back. I am very angry. It is poor customer service.
The lady that I talked to from the hotel even told me that they have had problems with bugs in the past. I'm disgusted!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Harrow, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We needed a place to stay after a wedding we attended. The front desk staff charged me for my room even though I paid online. They did reimburse me. They were very nice. The room was awful. I've stayed at beautiful hotels for the same price. Our room was old and it looked awful. Mismatched furniture and bedding. It looked like the furniture was from a 1980's swap meet and I'm being kind. The lobby looks redecorated and that's it. The room was clean, but really shabby and depressing. If I had to spend any time in it other then sleeping, I would've asked for my money back and left. Wouldn't go back again.

• Stayed September 2012
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My daughter recommended this hotel for us when we came to visit. Staff are awesome, the customer service was amazing. The rooms were quiet but in need of some upgrades. The pool was clean and refreshing. The breakfast was....well continental. We were very satisfied. Will def stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

A block of rooms was booked at the Ramada for a family wedding, so we stayed here, knowing little about the property or the area. As you walk into the foyer, you are assaulted by the stench of harsh chemicals. I can only assume this property continually soaks the property in cleaning solvents to hide the stench of smoke, puke and God knows what else.

I have been in smoking hotels before that still allow smoking, and they smell nothing like this!

Since going non-smoking, I don't think management has considered steam-cleaning or changing the carpeting. I know for a fact they haven't changed any linens, blankets or pillows in decades. The blankets are worn to the point of being almost see-through; the pillows are lumpy like sacks of potatoes. We got a Queen room with a sofabed... the latter for my 4-year old.

The mattress on the sofabed was about an inch thick. Were she any heavier, there's no way she would have been able to sleep on it. To make room to open the sofabed, I had to stand the coffee table on its side and push it into a corner.

At 1:30 am, with my wife and child finally sleeping, I did what I should have done in the first place... I went online and booked another hotel for our second night. I happily paid the Holiday Inn double what the Ramada was charging me. Good riddance, and never again.

Room Tip: There is no good room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kitchener, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

To start, hotel claimed they couldn't honour our CONFIRMED reservation, but that they would upgrade us. Sure was no upgrade. They had just cut out asection of the beroom and plunked down a corner tub in it. Room was dirty and smelled of smoke. Bathroom was really dirty and old, with not even a shelf in the shower to hold soap. Hair dryer didn't work. Continental breakfast was cleaned out when we got there--not at all as advertised! When we checked on room confirmations for our 3 kids and their families, they again said that they might not be able to honour our CONFIRMED RESERVATION. What! After some frantic phone calls, they were able to place them across the street at the Howard Johnston(!). Again sure not as advertised. This hotel is, in no way, representative of the rest of Ramada's chain and should be removed from the affiliation! We will never stay in this dump again!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else but here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Thomas, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

as soon as we entered this hotel and were treated so poorly we knew it was going to be a bad staty ... but not this bad.the room was upstairs with no elevator for my disabled wife because there were no more rooms avaliable ,but i watched at least three people check in without reservations!!! the room was dirty ,had holes in the walls,floor and ceiling, had 1980 wallpaper that was turned brown from age and stunk of mildew/ mould.

Room Tip: never again will i believe what is on the website about rooms .
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pelee Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Will stay here again. Very clean room and front desk clerk was very helpful and polite. Was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Limited Windsor? Share your experiences!