My wife and I needed to stay for the night in Windsor and we wanted to be in the area of the airport. There are several choices in the vicinity, but most of them are older motels that look like they could use a little sprucing up. Personally, since all I was looking for was a good night's sleep, I would have stayed at one of those, but my wife urged me to book into the Lexington Inn.
The hotel is located on Division Road near Walker road. This area has really become busy over the years and you can find all kinds of shops, restaurants, and a large movie theater complex.
The Lexington was formerly a Howard Johnson (so don’t go searching around for the Ho-Jo like we did. Google maps has not updated this yet). The price for our room with a CAA discount was very reasonable.
Every staff member was friendly and helpful. Our room was equipped with phone, alarm clock, coffee maker, microwave, mini-fridge, ironing board, and iron. The bathroom was equipped with the usual amenities (soap, conditioner, shampoo, blow-dryer).
Our room was large with two comfortable queen beds. The only thing that I could see that needed an upgrade was the old television.
A continental breakfast was provided, but it wasn't too fancy; cereal, toast, juice, coffee, pastries, and a paltry selection of fruit.
But, we had a wonderful sleep, and I would recommend this hotel to travelers looking to stay near the airport or highway 401.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exciting trip to the City of Roses while enjoying the comfort of our newly renovated Lexington Inn and Suites, conveniently located in the recently developed South Windsor area with easy access to the most vibrant sections of the southernmost city in Canada. Windsor Airport is less than a 5 minute drive away.Stay connected with our complimentary wireless Internet access in all guest rooms and public areas. In addition, our guest rooms feature complimentary hard-wired Internet connections. Corporate travelers will appreciate the convenience of our business center and meeting room, which can accommodate up to 15 guests. Our 49 spacious guest rooms and suites welcome guests with amenities including microwave, mini-fridge, coffeemaker, cable TV with The Sports Network and Movie Channel, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, complimentary local calls, and wake-up service. Select accommodations are handicap accessible, featuring private baths with grab bars and roll-in showers. We invite our guests to enjoy our complimentary daily continental breakfast and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lexington Inn & Suites Windsor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Hotel Windsor
- Howard Johnson Windsor
- Windsor Howard Johnson
- Lexington Inn & Suites Windsor Ontario