“Alright...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waterfront Hotel Downtown Windsor

Save Saved
You added Waterfront Hotel Downtown Windsor to your Saves list
Waterfront Hotel Downtown Windsor
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   277 Riverside Drive West, Windsor, Ontario N9A 5K4, Canada (Formerly Hilton Windsor) (City Centre)   |
Ranked #9 of 34 hotels in Windsor
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Alright...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Since I went to the Hilton in Kitchener, I'm comparing the two. When I first arrived to check in, I was greeted by Stephanie. I didn't get that 'warm welcome' feeling like I did at the Hilton in Kitchener. It kind of seemed like she was just saying a 'script' and didn't really mean it, or it was just a job. Personally if you are the front end you have to have excellent customer service. There was no complimentary cookie :(

Yes, the building is older so I did have to wait a bit before the elevator came. The room was nice, the washroom had granite which was nice as well. There was no microwave or fridge like the one in Kitchener.

I didn't have the list of channels for the tv. One thing that I was looking forward to was since I am a Hilton Honors member, in Kitchener I received a welcome message from the manager with a gift (complimentary water)...here i didn't receive anything. Water was like $3.50 wow... (luckily I brought my own water).

The view was nice, my bed was comfortable, I had complimentary internet access which is always a plus. In the washroom, they had this massage soap (had these bumps), that was pretty cool.

I had to order breakfast which was good. But when I was in Kitchener, they provided complimentary hot buffet. My room would have been nice if breakfast was included. The lady who brought my breakfast was great, I didn't her name, but that is what customer service is...she was genuine & provided excellent customer service.

I didn't really like the fact that you had to pay for local calls.

Overall, this hotel was alright. If I stayed here first I would have been like ... this is a nice hotel... but since I am comparing to another Hilton that I just recently stayed at....the other one is better.

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Cleveland Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I've stayed here often over the years. The property shows some wear and tear however the updated rooms are very nice and the breakfast is excellent. They also have a nice work out and pool area. The view from many of the rooms is quite interesting with the ships rolling by on the river and the Detroit skyline on the opposite side. Downtown windsor is a easy walk from the Hotel.

Room Tip: make sure you book one of the upgraded or renovated rooms facing the river. The valet parking is wo...
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Good location and nice view of the river. Rooms (and entire hotel) need a MAJOR facelift. It's 2012 and the rooms don't have flat screen tvs? The "self park" was horrible. It's a 5 minute trek through a rundown, vacant "mall." I guess they'd rather you spend $20 a day for their valet parking. There isn't much choice for a high end hotel in Windsor besides Ceasars.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed in a riverview suite this weekend and the view was spectacular. Had we not had the view, our rating would have been lower. The suite we were put in was supposedly newly renovated although the carpet and furniture seemed a little tatty. The bed however was a brand new king size pillow top with a thick luxurious duvet and was extremely comfortable. Lying in bed looking at the Detroit skyline was a treat. Although there is valet parking, it can still be a little tricky as there is limited room in front of the hotel, so we had to wait on the street before we could pull up to the valet. The lobby itself is somewhat grim and small, certainly not a place to linger. Breakfast in the Park Terrace Restaurant was overpriced and nothing special. As we were in Windsor for business I can't really comment on location in regards to attractions. Caesar's Palace Casino however is a short 5 minute walk down the street and we made the trek down to watch Lisa Lampanelli's show Saturday evening. Overall there is nothing really special about the view but the same can be said for Windsor itself.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a river view
Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed this past winter for the Detroit Auto Show. The Rooms were spacious and laid out in an interesting way overlooking the Detroit River (Almost floor to ceiling windows). The view at night was fantastic. The bed was extremely comfy and the room had everything we needed. the night crew was awesome and helped us out in little ways (but it meant a lot). Breakfast the next morning was unfortunately not the best, with cold eggs, warm milk and a surley host. Still, I would return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Windsor on business recently and was very surprised by what I found. This property looks like it hasn't been updated in at least 40 years, it needs serious attention. I had breakfast in the Park Terrace restaurant, which if you believe the posters in the elevator, will provide stunning views of the Detroit skyline. The great downtown skyline is there, obviously, but the windows of the restaurant was so filthy, both inside and outside, that it seriously distracted me from concentrating on the panoramic vista in front of me. I have never seen such inattention to detail in a Hilton property.

The bed was fine, I slept well, but the whole environment leaves much to be desired. I won't be returning to the Hilton Windsor, especially now that I've discovered the 4-diamond Caesars Windsor which is just down the street.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kirkland Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over a long weekend with our 2 year toddler. They were excellent and family friendly. Check in was easy and quick. Parking system was easy in and out. Hotel is nice and clean with cool decor. Our room was awesome, perfect for what we were looking for. Our toddler was able to go to bed in the bedroom and my husband and I were able to hang out in the living room and enjoy our evening. Had no issues at all, would definitely go and stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Waterfront Hotel Downtown Windsor? Share your experiences!