Since I went to the Hilton in Kitchener, I'm comparing the two. When I first arrived to check in, I was greeted by Stephanie. I didn't get that 'warm welcome' feeling like I did at the Hilton in Kitchener. It kind of seemed like she was just saying a 'script' and didn't really mean it, or it was just a job. Personally if you are the front end you have to have excellent customer service. There was no complimentary cookie :(
Yes, the building is older so I did have to wait a bit before the elevator came. The room was nice, the washroom had granite which was nice as well. There was no microwave or fridge like the one in Kitchener.
I didn't have the list of channels for the tv. One thing that I was looking forward to was since I am a Hilton Honors member, in Kitchener I received a welcome message from the manager with a gift (complimentary water)...here i didn't receive anything. Water was like $3.50 wow... (luckily I brought my own water).
The view was nice, my bed was comfortable, I had complimentary internet access which is always a plus. In the washroom, they had this massage soap (had these bumps), that was pretty cool.
I had to order breakfast which was good. But when I was in Kitchener, they provided complimentary hot buffet. My room would have been nice if breakfast was included. The lady who brought my breakfast was great, I didn't her name, but that is what customer service is...she was genuine & provided excellent customer service.
I didn't really like the fact that you had to pay for local calls.
Overall, this hotel was alright. If I stayed here first I would have been like ... this is a nice hotel... but since I am comparing to another Hilton that I just recently stayed at....the other one is better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WATERFRONT HOTEL Downtown Windsor is ideally located along the beautiful river front in downtown Windsor, Ontario, Canada, directly across from Detroit, Michigan USA, All hotel guest rooms feature a lovely river view and overlook gardens, sculptures and an extensive multi-use fitness trail. In addition to the gorgeous waterfront view, also include complimentary free breakfast buffet, complimentary local phone calls and complimentary Wi-Fi accessEasily accessed via the Ambassador Bridge, Detroit Windsor tunnel, Highway 401 and Highway 3.Nearby attractions and events include: GM Corporate world Headquarters, Ford World Headquarters, Chrysler Group US Headquarters, Caesars Windsor, Downtown Windsor Bars, Clubs, Restaurants and Entertainment, Art Gallery of Windsor, Steps from Detroit Windsor Tunnel Bus, YQG Windsor International Airport, DTW Metropolitan Detroit Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Waterfront Hotel Downtown Windsor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Windsor Hotel Windsor
- Hilton Hotel Windsor
- Windsor Hilton Hotel
- Waterfront Hotel Downtown Windsor Ontario