Overall, it was an impressive and unforgettable experience for us. We traveled here for The View and we got it. Initially we had booked King Bed Studio Riverview Room and upgraded it to King Junior Suite Panoramic Riverview for $20. I believe it was a right decision as this room was almost twice as big as the first one. I assume the first room might have been a bit tiny. Anyway, we got a spacious room with spectacular panoramic view on Detroit. Beds and linen were exceptional, the furniture a little bit worn, but still in a good shape. There was one glass missing on a coffee table that was delivered quickly upon our phone call. For a 4-star hotel the bathroom was too simple and basic. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
There is one thing I'd like to mention in this review. Close to Hilton there is a huge residential and accommodation complex called Caesar. It also includes a brand new hotel. But I am not sure if even half of its rooms are comparable to Hilton in terms of views. If you want to get that feel of an old hotel, perhaps, a bit dated (especially elevators), with a wooden lobby and furniture - Hilton is a place to go for you. But at the same time it might seem too quiet as there is not much movement in the hotel (and other hotels nearby). Since many guests stay in Caesar now, Hilton seems to be empty and today it is definitely not the best times for this hotel. Next to the Hilton there was a Radisson Hotel which was recently sold and virtually empty now (that is how you think at its windows at night).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WATERFRONT HOTEL Downtown Windsor is ideally located along the beautiful river front in downtown Windsor, Ontario, Canada, directly across from Detroit, Michigan USA, All hotel guest rooms feature a lovely river view and overlook gardens, sculptures and an extensive multi-use fitness trail. In addition to the gorgeous waterfront view, also include complimentary free breakfast buffet, complimentary local phone calls and complimentary Wi-Fi accessEasily accessed via the Ambassador Bridge, Detroit Windsor tunnel, Highway 401 and Highway 3.Nearby attractions and events include: GM Corporate world Headquarters, Ford World Headquarters, Chrysler Group US Headquarters, Caesars Windsor, Downtown Windsor Bars, Clubs, Restaurants and Entertainment, Art Gallery of Windsor, Steps from Detroit Windsor Tunnel Bus, YQG Windsor International Airport, DTW Metropolitan Detroit Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Waterfront Hotel Downtown Windsor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Windsor Hotel Windsor
- Hilton Hotel Windsor
- Windsor Hilton Hotel
- Waterfront Hotel Downtown Windsor Ontario