“Nice Indian family-owned hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Windsor ON

Motel 6 Windsor ON
You added Motel 6 Windsor ON to your Saves list
Motel 6 Windsor ON
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Huron Church Rd., Windsor, Ontario N9C 2L5, Canada (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Montreal
“Nice Indian family-owned hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for the summer vacation (July 20-23). We arrived late, but were friendly greeted by the young Indian guy at the desk. The only thing he asked that I found a bit obnoxious was who was my "friend" since I traveled through the Friends & Family rate. I politely asked why he wanted to know and he said never mind.
The room was neat, cozy and clean. There was a fridge, a microwave (!) and a TV with over 100 channels to watch. The bathroom had a perfume scent. The only prob was the bathroom door lock latch which was a bit difficult to move, but okay. The beds were so comfortable and so well made that we even decided to leave a dollar for the housekeeper the next day (they didn't take it). The breakfast was small yet nourishing. When we came back at the end of the day the room was properly cleaned and awaiting our return.
In all, a great place to stay. Personally I've never been to Windsor prior, and i.m.o. there isn't much to do there besides a couple day visit, but this place is really the choice to stay at. Ontarians aren't very friendly there, but if you ask for places or directions at the front desk, I'm sure these guys will gladly help you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
BURLINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Good Morning. I have personally stayed at this property several times over the past two years SIMPLY due to the location, my first impression and stay at their hotel and the friendliness of staff at check-in and the owner of hotel extending a welcome to me as though I was someone special. I am a choice privileges elite platinum member of CHOICE HOTELS and this property is one of their member properties.

This is an excellent location for casino/shopping and a great place to get a head start on your trip down south and thus crossing the border only a mile away from hotel which gives you a nice fresh start.

Room Tip: Second floor would possibly be quite BUT I use a ground floor and put up with any "talking nois...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights . Very pleased with the hospitality of the staffs. The ambiance was very good, the rooms were very neatly maintained, the Breakfast was pretty good. And on top of all this, the staffs just went out of their way to help me get used to the new place. In the last 30 years of my life, I would say, this is the best hotels I've stayed ever stayed in !

Thank you sincerely for your hospitality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had to travel to Windsor to check out the university since I was planning to move there. I stayed at the Econo Lodge Motel and found that I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly, the rooms clean, location good and the price was just right.
The young girl at the front desk was very helpful. She was a university student herself and I was able to get a lot of information from her. She also recommended some good restaurants and things to do while i was there.
My two days went too fast.I had a wonderful stay and would stay with them again on my next trip.

Room Tip: I got a corner room that was facing the back street and it was very quiet since there is not much tr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have stayed at this motel several times with my family while travelling to the states. It have always been a pleasant stay. Rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. I would recommend it to friends and family.
Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I personally prefer to have a room on the 1st floor and not facing the street as Huron Church Road i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We booked the room for 3 days but after one night we could not stay there any longer. The carpet was so filthy we had laid the blankets down to form a path to walk on. You could feel the dirt/grease thru your socks. The bathroom was full of hair, it was just everywhere, the tub, on the floor, behind the toilet it looked like a small animal but it was just hair. I get nauseous just thinking about it. When I complained to the manager, I was told that he just cleaned the room and there was nothing wrong with it....I'm not a picky person but the room has to be clean. The prices are great but it is just not worth the dirty conditions!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I booked a non-smoking room from Expedia.ca for a Friday night. The staff were friendly and had a quick check-in. My room reeked of cigarette smoke (long-term smoking smell, stuffy) and there were two ash trays on the table so I called front desk to get another room but they were booked up. I had to be up early so I left it be. I called Choice Hotels the next day to complain and promptly received a letter of apology from the Econo Lodge manager. The letter insisted it was a non-smoking room. I then called the manager and she repeated that it was a non-smoking room and that she would consult the ash tray issue with her cleaning staff. It's too bad she didn't own up to the mistake because from now on I will not stay at a Choice Hotel again. She had also mentioned that they were booked up with a wrestling team so I wonder if they refused the room and I got the bad end of the stick? Nice management and customer care. Choice Hotels should notice their regulations more closely.

• Stayed April 2011