On the night of the joint Windsor-Detroit annual fireworks, husband and I stayed at this Radisson. Great view for fireworks - either from hotel room or park across the street. The Windsor side seems to accommodate more spectators than the Detroit side of the river, as there is a long riverwalk/parkway where people can gather.
Our room was relatively small, but had a very comfortable Sleep Number bed. The parkway along the river (there is one on the Detroit side as well) is wonderful. There are beautiful plantings - small gardens really - along the river walk and room for walkers, bikers and skaters. River view rooms face directly on the river, with only one street and the parkway between hotel and river. Barges, sailboats, freighters move along the river - fun to watch. The Detroit skyline is the better view when compared to the Windsor skyline - the city alight at night affords quite a nice view. Hotel staff were polite and efficient. We didn't really need anything from them. One thing we did not like is that there is an 80 cent charge on each local call -- use your own cellphone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its location just minutes from downtown Detroit and in Windsor's city centre area, the Windsor Riverside Inn is the perfect place to stay when visiting the Windsor/Detroit area. Our hotel offers guests a wealth of amenities, including a Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre & Business Centre. You will enjoy our hotel's location in the heart of the city, which offers stunning views of the Detroit River and skyline. We are minutes from the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel and Ambassador Bridge, as well as major corporate offices and area attractions.Spacious rooms at our hotel feature complimentary high-speed Internet, cable TV, a coffee maker with complimentary coffee/tea, hair dryer, iron/ironing board and an extra large working desk. Traveling with a pet? Our pet friendly hotel in Windsor offers pet friendly rooms at no additional charge. The Windsor Riverside Inn features an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and Fitness Centre, as well as many other convenient amenities. Pick up a souvenir at the Yes Windsor gift shop, take the complimentary Caesars Windsor shuttle (Fridays and Saturdays) and stay connected to the office with free high-speed Internet.If you are looking to host a meeting or events in Windsor, look no further! With over 10,000 square feet of meeting space, an attentive staff, an ideal location and the added convenience of audiovisual equipment, our Windsor hotel near Detroit is the perfect venue for your event.The Park Terrace, our hotel's on-site restaurant, features a spectacular view of the Detroit River skyline and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The River Runner Lounge also serves food and drinks in a relaxing atmosphere, making it popular among both locals and visitors. We have been awarded a Three Key rating from the Hotel Association of Canada's Green Key Eco-Rating Program - recognizing us as a hotel that has taken significant steps to protect the environment. Strong environmental programs, best management practices, training programs and engineering solutions have been implemented which have benefited the environment and the local community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Reservation Counter, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Windsor Riverside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Riverside Hotel Windsor
- Radisson Windsor
- Windsor Radisson
- Windsor Riverside Inn Ontario