Stayed at this hotel for business from Jan 7th to Jan 11th. The hotel is a former Radisson Hotel
I was on the 17th floor with a Non-River view....they charge an additional $10.00 for a view of the river The rooms are somewhat dated and could probably use a good upgrade but are clean and decent size. I had a single King size "Sleep Number" bed with a pull out sofa and a flat screen tv. The Sleep Number bed feels similar to an air matress, but was comfortable enough.
The hotel seemed very empty. The elevators seemed a bit slower than a newer elevator, but was reliable. The hotel does not have wi-fi available in the rooms, to access the internet you need to connect via a cable. This is ok for a laptop but doesn't work for wireless devices such as ipads, etc. The TV channel selection is ok and actually offers more channels than the casino, but the remote was terrible and very hard to change channels.
The parking garage is a bit of a walk from the rear of the property. From the Garage you have to go to street level or the ramp at the 3rd level and walk accross the street to the hotel, then you walk through was appears to be an abandoned mall (follow signs for Radisson Hotel), go down the elevator, then continue walking through the mall area and then enter the hotel. This garage charges $12.00 per day. Even the Caesars Windsor Casino has free parking?
The desk clerk told me that the Hilton next door recently renovated 160 of their rooms. So it may be worth checking the rates there or the Caesars Casino. Last trip to Windsor I stayed at the Casino and they are 5-Star all the way and often time the rates are lower.
They have a small market/store outside the lobby in the mall area. I purchased 2 cans of soda here and once I arrive back to my 17th floor room, I realized that they were expired and tasted nasty! Avoid this store! I then went to the soda machine and purchased a diet pepsi, which also was expired and tasted expired. So if you are staying here bring your own beverages.
They offer room service, but I didn't try it.
The hotel shares a "restaurant and lounge" with the Hilton hotel next door.
We didn't eat here.
The hotel is within walking distance of a few downtown restaurants.
I can recommend The Keg Steakhouse (a block from the hotel) and Chanoso's at 255 Ouellette Ave. Both are an easy walk.
I would probably stay here again, but I would definately check around first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its location just minutes from downtown Detroit and in Windsor's city centre area, the Windsor Riverside Inn is the perfect place to stay when visiting the Windsor/Detroit area. Our hotel offers guests a wealth of amenities, including a Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre & Business Centre. You will enjoy our hotel's location in the heart of the city, which offers stunning views of the Detroit River and skyline. We are minutes from the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel and Ambassador Bridge, as well as major corporate offices and area attractions.Spacious rooms at our hotel feature complimentary high-speed Internet, cable TV, a coffee maker with complimentary coffee/tea, hair dryer, iron/ironing board and an extra large working desk. Traveling with a pet? Our pet friendly hotel in Windsor offers pet friendly rooms at no additional charge. The Windsor Riverside Inn features an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and Fitness Centre, as well as many other convenient amenities. Pick up a souvenir at the Yes Windsor gift shop, take the complimentary Caesars Windsor shuttle (Fridays and Saturdays) and stay connected to the office with free high-speed Internet.If you are looking to host a meeting or events in Windsor, look no further! With over 10,000 square feet of meeting space, an attentive staff, an ideal location and the added convenience of audiovisual equipment, our Windsor hotel near Detroit is the perfect venue for your event.The Park Terrace, our hotel's on-site restaurant, features a spectacular view of the Detroit River skyline and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The River Runner Lounge also serves food and drinks in a relaxing atmosphere, making it popular among both locals and visitors. We have been awarded a Three Key rating from the Hotel Association of Canada's Green Key Eco-Rating Program - recognizing us as a hotel that has taken significant steps to protect the environment. Strong environmental programs, best management practices, training programs and engineering solutions have been implemented which have benefited the environment and the local community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Windsor Riverside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Riverside Hotel Windsor
- Radisson Windsor
- Windsor Radisson
- Windsor Riverside Inn Ontario