This hotel is a bit of a dichotomy - it's located in a great spot on Windsor's riverfront, but it's getting to be pretty run down. It's also right next door to the Hilton, which has clearly recently had at least the reception area recently renovated. It's a bit of a trek to get from the parking garage to the hotel, and you have to walk through this bizarre concourse which is completely dead and quiet. It's a little disconcerting. The front desk staff are fine, but as the last reviewer said, I honestly think there were no other people on our floor. Every time we went to call the elevator, it was always there, waiting on our floor. The pool is big and the whirlpool is fine too. There's a decent sauna. The room was ok.. the TV was an old tube kind, stuck into a credenza type thing so you have to be right in front of it to see the screen. The bed was ok...it's one of those Sleep Number beds, which seem like a good idea but... aren't that great. The bathroom tap ended up coming off - we were able to stick it back on but it's a little sad. It seemed a little pricey given that there's really nothing special about this hotel other than the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its location just minutes from downtown Detroit and in Windsor's city centre area, the Windsor Riverside Inn is the perfect place to stay when visiting the Windsor/Detroit area. Our hotel offers guests a wealth of amenities, including a Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre & Business Centre. You will enjoy our hotel's location in the heart of the city, which offers stunning views of the Detroit River and skyline. We are minutes from the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel and Ambassador Bridge, as well as major corporate offices and area attractions.Spacious rooms at our hotel feature complimentary high-speed Internet, cable TV, a coffee maker with complimentary coffee/tea, hair dryer, iron/ironing board and an extra large working desk. Traveling with a pet? Our pet friendly hotel in Windsor offers pet friendly rooms at no additional charge. The Windsor Riverside Inn features an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and Fitness Centre, as well as many other convenient amenities. Pick up a souvenir at the Yes Windsor gift shop, take the complimentary Caesars Windsor shuttle (Fridays and Saturdays) and stay connected to the office with free high-speed Internet.If you are looking to host a meeting or events in Windsor, look no further! With over 10,000 square feet of meeting space, an attentive staff, an ideal location and the added convenience of audiovisual equipment, our Windsor hotel near Detroit is the perfect venue for your event.The Park Terrace, our hotel's on-site restaurant, features a spectacular view of the Detroit River skyline and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The River Runner Lounge also serves food and drinks in a relaxing atmosphere, making it popular among both locals and visitors. We have been awarded a Three Key rating from the Hotel Association of Canada's Green Key Eco-Rating Program - recognizing us as a hotel that has taken significant steps to protect the environment. Strong environmental programs, best management practices, training programs and engineering solutions have been implemented which have benefited the environment and the local community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Windsor Riverside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Riverside Hotel Windsor
- Radisson Windsor
- Windsor Radisson
- Windsor Riverside Inn Ontario