“Nice suite, nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Downtown Windsor

You added Quality Suites Downtown Windsor to your Saves list
Quality Suites Downtown Windsor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Dougall Ave, Windsor, Ontario N9A 7C6, Canada (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Canada
“Nice suite, nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

Nice suite, nice hotel. Clean. Staff friendly. Paid parking next to hotel is convenient. Friendly restaurant...with ample Continental breakfast, included.
Small detail: bed covering had an interesting perfume aroma. She must have been a Tiger...RRRRrrrrr ...however....
Housekeeping changed bedding for next night as requested.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bay City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend. Its location is very convenient and easy to find. I should have realized that there'd be a problem when we were checking in as the group of young men in front of us had several cases of beer with them during check in. Whenever we passed through the lobby, it appeared that most of the guest were between the ages of 19 and 25. I had to call down to the front desk around 9 pm to complain about a loud party in the adjacent room. They had their door wide open, with people coming and going, loud music, etc. The front desk was very polite and said that they would send someone up. The room did quiet down, but I could still hear them until I went to bed. Luckily, the bedroom was not against that shared wall. The decor in the rooms is very dated looking, and the couch in our room had seen better days as its cushions were worn out. But, the room was clean, which I appreciate more than having the most up-to-date decor. It would be nice to have better televisions. Both TVs were the old tube type and made humming noises when on. The bathroom amenities are basic - nothing fancy at all. The towels are a bit on the rough side. There is wireless internet in the rooms, for free, which is always a plus. The staff downstairs were polite and professional.

For me, this is an ok hotel for an overnight stay. If I were to stay in Windsor for longer, I would want someplace a little more comfortable and less noisy. Of course, I was there on a weekend, so there may have been more younger people there than there would be during the week.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Mascouche
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

not a bad hotel, the rooms are big and comfturbale...the only thing is they have this darn air conditioner that turns on in the middle of no where and scares the crap out of you at night....and its like every 15 minutes...thats why i gave it 3 for sleep quality...but for the price its not bad...there were some noisy teenagers in the hallway and we complained so they gave us a night free...not bad on the staffs part! location...its really close to detroit...which is nice if you wanna stay in canada like we did. i liked it, id stay there again...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

I stayed here over the holidays with my boyfriend and my stay was very good. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds & clean (which is pretty important to me. All staff were friendly and helpful - especially front desk when helping us find out what was open on the holidays. Their new restaurant Superstars was really nice. Clean & cozy atmosphere. Kinda like a upscale sports bar & grill. Food was really good! My boyfriend got the wings (they have 100+ flavours!) and I got the baked cappalletti. Delicous! Service was very good. The restaurant manager even come to your table when you are finished to see how everything was with your food. I will definately be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Good location. A couple blocks from the river, a couple blocks from casino. Nice large clean rooms and reasonably priced. All staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

This hotel is rediculous. They advertise a room for six, but they charge you for each extra person after 1, and you have no choice but to accept because if you cancel the day of they still get your money.

The staff was EXTREMELY unfriendly, and they set curfew rules upon the entire hotel, which is rediculous since you are a paying customer.

The breakfast was satisfactory; you can find much better, cheaper, healthier meals elsewhere.

The rooms were nothing special: warn out-looking hallways, dirty carpets, and zero in-room amentities.

Even if this hotel were the only option, I would not stay here. Better deals are to be found at the casino or across the river. Only stay here if you wish to be ripped off.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
GMBL, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, October 8, 2009
Thank-you for your comments. I would like to clarify a few comments that seem to be taken out of context.

Our cancellation policy for reservations made directly with our hotel or on our hotel's website has always been 4pm on the arrival date. The attempt to cancel your reservation was done when you checked in at appx 10:20pm that evening.

We do not set 'curfews' for our guests. They are free to come and go as they please. The restriction you may be referring to is we attempt to limit visitors that are not registered guests after 11pm, however, exemptions are always made based on if we have had any noise issues through out the night from that particular room. This restriction is in place to avoid disturbing other guests trying to get a good night sleep. I personally spoke to the employees working during your stay to ensure they are nothing but friendly and professional to all guests. I have never had any issues with any employees being unfriendly or rude so this came as a surprise.

Our complimentary breakfast buffet is an added value to our guests which has and will not result in an increase in rates to our guests. We understand that having a well rounded breakfast to start off the day is very important. Contrary to your option, our breakfast includes items such as scrambled eggs or egg patties, sausage links, hot waffle maker, 2 types of bread, 3 flavours of bagels, english muffins, 3 flavours of cereal, 2 types of fruit (usually apples and banana's), 3 types of juice and 3 flavours of muffins and more. I am very familiar with the Windsor area and I am very confident that our breakfast goes above and beyond the basic continental breakfast most hotels offer and it is an all you can eat buffet style set-up.

I personally inspected the suite you stayed in and the carpet was clean and stain free as was the hallway. Also our in-room amenities include complimentary coffee/tea, free local calls, pay per-view movies, complimentary WIFI, wet bar area (stocked or unstocked). We also provide discounts and coupons to the local bars and restaurants at the front desk.

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. Based on your concerns, I wanted to clarify and correct some of our policies that you may have misinterpreted.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank-you,
Beth Lewis
Quality Suites Downtown Windsor
519-977-9707
Barrie, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

First, let me say we booked this hotel because it was the final night of a long driving trip, and we thought a full breakfast would be nice after having just continental breakfasts up to this point. So, we booked this hotel because it came with a self-described "FULL" breakfast. The rooms were great. Clean, large and very comfortable. The location was also good, only 5-8 minute walk to Cesars casino.

When we went down to the breakfast, it was nothing more than a continental breakfast with eggs (which were in these bizarre exact circular form, and tasted like fake eggs), and sausage. There was just breads and cereals, and no sign of fruit. To me a full breakfast is eggs, meats, pancakes, potatoes etc. Not a continental breakfast with 2 hot items. Very disappointing. I wouldn't stay there again, just because I felt dooped.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Suites Downtown Windsor? Share your experiences!