“Excellent Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Downtown Windsor

You added Quality Suites Downtown Windsor to your Saves list
Quality Suites Downtown Windsor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Dougall Ave, Windsor, Ontario N9A 7C6, Canada (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Twice = Gift Card
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Trenton, Canada
“Excellent Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Quality Suites is an average hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. We were in Windsor to attend the Wings/Kings game in Detroit. The hotel is ideally located close to the bus terminal where you can purchase the tunnel bus tickets and board the tunnel bus to Detroit. The parking is a bit of a pain as it is in the parking garage across the street and is not attached to the hotel, is also 12$ with in and out privileges. The rooms need a bit of TLC as they seem worn. The pull out couch was not comfortable at all, but they rarely are. The hotel suited our purpose for this trip, but could get more stars with a makeover.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here because we wanted to have separate beds for our kids. The pullout was a waste and ruined beyond belief. It sagged horribly and was riddled with broken and missing springs. It took two of us to pull it out and no one wanted to sit on it. Parking is across the road and costs. We have stayed in economy rooms for far less that were much nicer. I would never stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Ayr, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent 3 nights at this tired hotel. I was there on business but judging by all the 20 year olds partying in the hotel I guess I was the only one. The rooms have seen better days with dingy furniture stained curtains and yellowed ceilings. It's time for a makeover. The location right downtown would be great except that every store and restaurant nearby has shut down. Very depressing. Better to stay on Huron Church where at least there are some restaurants still in business

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Georgetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I travel to Windsor on business quite a lot and always stay here. The rooms are very large and are set up like a mini apartment making you feel right at home. The beds and pillows are so comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in the downtown area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Checked in after having dinner. There was a party down from our room. The staff came around and made them leave. Then they came by our room and also made us leave. We couldn't even stay in our room with the door shut. PLUS she made us put on bracelets before we could leave our room or we weren't allow to come back to our room for the night. I understand having to have the bracelets on before returning for proof you paid for the room but to make us wear them before leaving was uncalled for.

Do they make everyone wear these bracelets?

Rooms are in need of remodelling.
We do not recommend this motel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mimico, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I travel frequently to Windsor on business. My employer recently changed hotels and so, at first, I was critical of the "new place". I was wrong. It's actually very nice. The rooms are large and clean. The suite idea is a sweet idea! Each room has a separate bedroom area. Dark and quiet at night. The rooms have two TV's - one in the main sitting area and a second in the bedroom. Each room has its own thermostat to control temperature as you like. I bring food with me and the kitchen-style table and chairs are lovely next to the large, bright windows. The showers are clean. The front desk staff always greet me with a smile. And the beds ... I wish my bed at home were as comfortable! True, the carpet and furnishings are beginning to show their age, but a comprehensive renovation project is planned for 2013. I've come to enjoy my time at the Windsor Quality Suites. I almost hate to leave. And if you get the chance, try breakfast in the restaurant off the lobby. It was really good!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
chatham, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Don't ever stay at the Quality Inn downtown windsor..EVER! I've stayed many times and had a great experience, with the exception of my last visit. Upon my arrival we had requested late checkout for 2pm the next day. Then we were told that we needed to have wrist bands and a room key to get in the elevator after 6pm. Entering our room it was a balmy 50 degrees with not a stitch of heat on and numb flooring. We were subjected to room checks like we were deviant teenagers when infact we are 30 years old not playing music or causing rucus like other hotel guests. We returned from a night out and were instructed to pick up our wristbands only for them to tell us 1 person was not listed on our room when infact we had paid their manditory $10 for extra people precviously in the evening. With clarification of a short-formed name not on her ID card they let us up. Come morning we received a phone call asking if we were checking out that day or staying for another night. I told the reception that we asked for late check out the day before and we would be in the lobby promptly at 2pm. 30 min later the maid staff opens our door not even knocking. I gave my concerns to the lady at the front desk and she said absolutly nothing to apologize for our awful stay. I will never return again. WOuld you ever treat my parents this way? I dont think so

Room Tip: pick a different hotel!