“treated like deviant teenagers” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Downtown Windsor

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites Downtown Windsor to your Saves list
Quality Suites Downtown Windsor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Dougall Ave, Windsor, Ontario N9A 7C6, Canada (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
chatham, Ontario, Canada
“treated like deviant teenagers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Don't ever stay at the Quality Inn downtown windsor..EVER! I've stayed many times and had a great experience, with the exception of my last visit. Upon my arrival we had requested late checkout for 2pm the next day. Then we were told that we needed to have wrist bands and a room key to get in the elevator after 6pm. Entering our room it was a balmy 50 degrees with not a stitch of heat on and numb flooring. We were subjected to room checks like we were deviant teenagers when infact we are 30 years old not playing music or causing rucus like other hotel guests. We returned from a night out and were instructed to pick up our wristbands only for them to tell us 1 person was not listed on our room when infact we had paid their manditory $10 for extra people precviously in the evening. With clarification of a short-formed name not on her ID card they let us up. Come morning we received a phone call asking if we were checking out that day or staying for another night. I told the reception that we asked for late check out the day before and we would be in the lobby promptly at 2pm. 30 min later the maid staff opens our door not even knocking. I gave my concerns to the lady at the front desk and she said absolutly nothing to apologize for our awful stay. I will never return again. WOuld you ever treat my parents this way? I dont think so

Room Tip: pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lenox, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We spent one night at the Quality Suites. It is in a good location and is close to the casino. However, the room we had was in desperate need of remodeling. The carpet was stained not just in one spot, but pretty much everywhere. Not just little spots, but big stains. There was a plastered spot on the bathroom door that was patched but never painted. The mini kitchen area had chipped laminate, the mini grill was not cleaned, and the kitchen sink faucet had what appeared to be dried calcium build up or something all over it. The sofa was extremely worn and uncomfortable. One of the most annoying things was that there was a loud buzzing noise in the heating duct in the ceiling right next to the bed. It would buzz for about 30 seconds then go off for about two minutes and repeated the process the entire night. Also, when we returned to the hotel at around 12:00a.m., the elevator was broken and people were stuck inside. We had to be taken back outside into the cold and walk around the building to be let into the stairs.

On a positive note, the bedding was clean, the towels were clean, the bathroom was clean, and the room was fairly big. Desk staff fine. Check in no problem, however, I did not receive my bill under the door like I was told I would so I had to go to the desk in the morning and ask for a copy.

I suppose I would stay at this hotel again for a quick night if it was very, very cheap, but never for the price we paid. Next time I will stay at the Hilton for about the same price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Lets start from the beginning , I'm excited to arrive in Windsor and enjoy my night . I walk into quality suites with a smile and wasn't greeted. I had to say hello first and there first words were,
Are u checking in ?
No hello , good evening , how are you? Welcome to quality suites.... Nothing.

I had a room reserved, where I called on the phone and I assume because I sounded young they reserved me on level 3 in a smoking room. Which is the "party floor" as I seen. As soon as i stepped out of the elevator my throat hurt from the smell of smoke immediatley There were stains everywhere , holes in the wall and just down right disgusting.

I went down stairs and was very polite and asked for a non smoking room on a different floor as I was not partying. She looked at me with a blank face and said,

"I don't have any more rooms available"
without even checking the computer.
She continued by saying ,
" because it is saturday night there is no way i am going to be able to stay in a better room "

As I believed this was NOT true I stressed that I wasn't accepting that answer and there is no way I am staying in that room for the price I was paying.

With in 2 minutes a non smoking room magically opened up for availablity, along with.
"But it's more money because it has a kitchen"
I said that's fine. She looked at me with a shocking face as if i was going to reply by saying nevermind. Then continued by saying
" oh actually it's the same price "

This employee looked so unimpressed at me, as she acted like I was a huge bother to her. This is the worst service I have EVER recieved in staying somewhere.

The next room we went to was definitely better but still not nice enough, considering the price . But will do for one night .

As I checked out in the morning there was a nicer employee there with a smile which was nice to see .

With the expiernce I had I will never return to this hotel as it was the most terrible experience ever.

• Stayed November 2012
General M, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently. I'm surprised and disappointed to read of the issues you experienced while our guests. This is certainly not indicative of our usual high standards of quality and service. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and kindly respond to the message I sent you requesting details so that I can follow-up. Thank you very much!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed here twice now and find the property very nice. The staff are most accommodating and the hotel is walking distance to many eatery's and the riverfront. My company used to stay at the Radisson and most recently the Hilton. For those that frequent the area you will know the Rad is now an independent and the Hilton needs work. I enjoy the large rooms at the Quality and have been getting the King Suite with the fridge and microwave.
The TV's are outdated but adequate for my needs (news and weather). While this property is not new it appears management is trying to keep it up.
I had breakfast in the adjacent restaurant and they may have been having an off day. The place was empty except for me and service was slow considering. I say an off day because my college has had a number of pub grub fare there and was very happy. I will definitely try it again to compare.
All in all I will definitely be back

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter from the street noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your review following your first couple of stays. It's great to hear that our team members have been treating you well and that you enjoy the convenience of our location and spacious suites.

I want you to know that we plan to upgrade our televisions to flat screens and that I've provided our restaurant management with a copy of your review so that they're aware of your comments.

Thank you for making the switch and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
willowdale ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Second time this year staying at the Quality in Windsor this year.
Stayed in June and July of 2012,both for 2 nights.
Found the check in staff very friendly and accomodating,had no problems whatsoever.
Stayed on the 7th floor in a deluxe room,fridge M/W coffee maker iron and all accesories.including cooking utensils and 2 tv's separated by a separate room for privacy
Restaurant downstairs is excellent modern looking and up to date ...stafff very nice although the day I was there they could of used at least another person, but still it was good.
Within walking distance to Casino but we opted for a cab and it turned out to be a cheap ride.
Location is downtown so your close to most anything you want to do.
I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for staying with us in June and July and for taking the time to post your comments.
I appreciate your positive feedback and will share it with our team. Hope to see you again soon!
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

For the price, 5 blocks form the Casino, shuttle available. We love having a suite with a little kitchenette, with dishes - we can reheat our leftovers. Room had a kitchen table and 4 chairs, pull out couch and chair, 2 tvs and a separate bedroom.
The carpet is ready to be replaced and the TVs are old, bathroom is a good size - no elbowing!
We had dinner at the restarurant on site, good for Pub Grub as they advertise, don't try anything out of the ordinary - chicken was horrible. LCBO around the corner.
All said, for our quick trip for a concert - it was a good room.

Room Tip: higher floors tend to be quieter - remember teams and fimilies
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to report on your stay with us. It's good to know you enjoyed our hotel. Televisions are slated to be replaced with new flat screens and we plan to completely refurbish select suites. Sorry to hear about your chicken - I'm a regular and have never had a bad meal. I'll share your comments with our restaurant operator and if you could provide some details about what you ordered and when, it would be helpful. Please call me at 519-977-9707. Thanks again and hope to have you as our guests again soon!
Glenview, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The price was right, but you certainly get what you pay for. Everything a bit dirty with large sticky stains on the couch and staining on the carpet. And our non smoking room smelled of smoke.
Decent bar off lobby and the staff was helpful with questions. $10 to park in garage overnight.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments. I'm disappointed to learn of the concerns with your suite and I apologize for the conditions as it appears it did not meet our usual high standards. We are preparing a capital improvement plan which will address replacement of older furnishings. I hope that you will return as our guest under improved circumstances. Thank you!

Been to Quality Suites Downtown Windsor? Share your experiences!