“Awful” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Downtown Windsor

You added Quality Suites Downtown Windsor to your Saves list
Quality Suites Downtown Windsor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Dougall Ave, Windsor, Ontario N9A 7C6, Canada (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
“Awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Lets start from the beginning , I'm excited to arrive in Windsor and enjoy my night . I walk into quality suites with a smile and wasn't greeted. I had to say hello first and there first words were,
Are u checking in ?
No hello , good evening , how are you? Welcome to quality suites.... Nothing.

I had a room reserved, where I called on the phone and I assume because I sounded young they reserved me on level 3 in a smoking room. Which is the "party floor" as I seen. As soon as i stepped out of the elevator my throat hurt from the smell of smoke immediatley There were stains everywhere , holes in the wall and just down right disgusting.

I went down stairs and was very polite and asked for a non smoking room on a different floor as I was not partying. She looked at me with a blank face and said,

"I don't have any more rooms available"
without even checking the computer.
She continued by saying ,
" because it is saturday night there is no way i am going to be able to stay in a better room "

As I believed this was NOT true I stressed that I wasn't accepting that answer and there is no way I am staying in that room for the price I was paying.

With in 2 minutes a non smoking room magically opened up for availablity, along with.
"But it's more money because it has a kitchen"
I said that's fine. She looked at me with a shocking face as if i was going to reply by saying nevermind. Then continued by saying
" oh actually it's the same price "

This employee looked so unimpressed at me, as she acted like I was a huge bother to her. This is the worst service I have EVER recieved in staying somewhere.

The next room we went to was definitely better but still not nice enough, considering the price . But will do for one night .

As I checked out in the morning there was a nicer employee there with a smile which was nice to see .

With the expiernce I had I will never return to this hotel as it was the most terrible experience ever.

• Stayed November 2012
General M, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently. I'm surprised and disappointed to read of the issues you experienced while our guests. This is certainly not indicative of our usual high standards of quality and service. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and kindly respond to the message I sent you requesting details so that I can follow-up. Thank you very much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed here twice now and find the property very nice. The staff are most accommodating and the hotel is walking distance to many eatery's and the riverfront. My company used to stay at the Radisson and most recently the Hilton. For those that frequent the area you will know the Rad is now an independent and the Hilton needs work. I enjoy the large rooms at the Quality and have been getting the King Suite with the fridge and microwave.
The TV's are outdated but adequate for my needs (news and weather). While this property is not new it appears management is trying to keep it up.
I had breakfast in the adjacent restaurant and they may have been having an off day. The place was empty except for me and service was slow considering. I say an off day because my college has had a number of pub grub fare there and was very happy. I will definitely try it again to compare.
All in all I will definitely be back

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter from the street noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your review following your first couple of stays. It's great to hear that our team members have been treating you well and that you enjoy the convenience of our location and spacious suites.

I want you to know that we plan to upgrade our televisions to flat screens and that I've provided our restaurant management with a copy of your review so that they're aware of your comments.

Thank you for making the switch and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
willowdale ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Second time this year staying at the Quality in Windsor this year.
Stayed in June and July of 2012,both for 2 nights.
Found the check in staff very friendly and accomodating,had no problems whatsoever.
Stayed on the 7th floor in a deluxe room,fridge M/W coffee maker iron and all accesories.including cooking utensils and 2 tv's separated by a separate room for privacy
Restaurant downstairs is excellent modern looking and up to date ...stafff very nice although the day I was there they could of used at least another person, but still it was good.
Within walking distance to Casino but we opted for a cab and it turned out to be a cheap ride.
Location is downtown so your close to most anything you want to do.
I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for staying with us in June and July and for taking the time to post your comments.
I appreciate your positive feedback and will share it with our team. Hope to see you again soon!
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

For the price, 5 blocks form the Casino, shuttle available. We love having a suite with a little kitchenette, with dishes - we can reheat our leftovers. Room had a kitchen table and 4 chairs, pull out couch and chair, 2 tvs and a separate bedroom.
The carpet is ready to be replaced and the TVs are old, bathroom is a good size - no elbowing!
We had dinner at the restarurant on site, good for Pub Grub as they advertise, don't try anything out of the ordinary - chicken was horrible. LCBO around the corner.
All said, for our quick trip for a concert - it was a good room.

Room Tip: higher floors tend to be quieter - remember teams and fimilies
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to report on your stay with us. It's good to know you enjoyed our hotel. Televisions are slated to be replaced with new flat screens and we plan to completely refurbish select suites. Sorry to hear about your chicken - I'm a regular and have never had a bad meal. I'll share your comments with our restaurant operator and if you could provide some details about what you ordered and when, it would be helpful. Please call me at 519-977-9707. Thanks again and hope to have you as our guests again soon!
Glenview, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The price was right, but you certainly get what you pay for. Everything a bit dirty with large sticky stains on the couch and staining on the carpet. And our non smoking room smelled of smoke.
Decent bar off lobby and the staff was helpful with questions. $10 to park in garage overnight.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments. I'm disappointed to learn of the concerns with your suite and I apologize for the conditions as it appears it did not meet our usual high standards. We are preparing a capital improvement plan which will address replacement of older furnishings. I hope that you will return as our guest under improved circumstances. Thank you!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We were in a non-smoking room but the entire room (and even the lobby) smells like cigarettes- the kind of smell in a smoker's house, car, or on their clothes- The odor of long-term smoking. As a non-smoker, it was disgusting.
The pull out couch bed was awful- it was a very thin mattress, had visible stains, and sagged in the middle (though my six year old didn't complain!). The carpet was very dirty and worn, and there was a large stain on the couch. The main bedroom and bathroom were decent.
At check-out the receptionist asked about our stay and I told her about the bad odor. She was very nice and upon my leaving I heard her calling someone to have them check out the room. The problem is that this kind of odor is from years of smoking- not from the last visitor who smoked a few cigarettes.
Also, from seeing several employees smoking (both inside and outside of the lobby) I doubt they can even really appreciate the problem.

Stayed July 2012
BenmillerGM, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for staying with us recently. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for the condition of your suite. We are preparing a capital improvement plan which will address replacement of worn furnishings. I'm sorry to hear that your suite was smoky. This certainly shouldn't have been the case, especially if it was designated as non-smoking. We will do our best to ensure that we better eliminate such odours. Smoking is not allowed in any interior public areas with the exception of guests in smoking-allowed suites only and I can assure you that none of our employees would disregard this by-law.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

By far my favorite hotel in Windsor. The staff is friendly and welcoming, a restaurant on-site offers great food - especially the Eggsmart. My room was exceptionally large with a heavenly bed. Clean and fresh, centrally located, this hotel has all you need and more.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Many thanks for staying with us recently and for your very positive review of our hotel! I'll share your comments with our hotel and restaurant teams and look forward to your next visit.

Been to Quality Suites Downtown Windsor? Share your experiences!