“Great space!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Downtown Windsor

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites Downtown Windsor to your Saves list
Quality Suites Downtown Windsor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Dougall Ave, Windsor, Ontario N9A 7C6, Canada (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
“Great space!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

For the price, 5 blocks form the Casino, shuttle available. We love having a suite with a little kitchenette, with dishes - we can reheat our leftovers. Room had a kitchen table and 4 chairs, pull out couch and chair, 2 tvs and a separate bedroom.
The carpet is ready to be replaced and the TVs are old, bathroom is a good size - no elbowing!
We had dinner at the restarurant on site, good for Pub Grub as they advertise, don't try anything out of the ordinary - chicken was horrible. LCBO around the corner.
All said, for our quick trip for a concert - it was a good room.

Room Tip: higher floors tend to be quieter - remember teams and fimilies
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to report on your stay with us. It's good to know you enjoyed our hotel. Televisions are slated to be replaced with new flat screens and we plan to completely refurbish select suites. Sorry to hear about your chicken - I'm a regular and have never had a bad meal. I'll share your comments with our restaurant operator and if you could provide some details about what you ordered and when, it would be helpful. Please call me at 519-977-9707. Thanks again and hope to have you as our guests again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Glenview, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The price was right, but you certainly get what you pay for. Everything a bit dirty with large sticky stains on the couch and staining on the carpet. And our non smoking room smelled of smoke.
Decent bar off lobby and the staff was helpful with questions. $10 to park in garage overnight.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments. I'm disappointed to learn of the concerns with your suite and I apologize for the conditions as it appears it did not meet our usual high standards. We are preparing a capital improvement plan which will address replacement of older furnishings. I hope that you will return as our guest under improved circumstances. Thank you!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We were in a non-smoking room but the entire room (and even the lobby) smells like cigarettes- the kind of smell in a smoker's house, car, or on their clothes- The odor of long-term smoking. As a non-smoker, it was disgusting.
The pull out couch bed was awful- it was a very thin mattress, had visible stains, and sagged in the middle (though my six year old didn't complain!). The carpet was very dirty and worn, and there was a large stain on the couch. The main bedroom and bathroom were decent.
At check-out the receptionist asked about our stay and I told her about the bad odor. She was very nice and upon my leaving I heard her calling someone to have them check out the room. The problem is that this kind of odor is from years of smoking- not from the last visitor who smoked a few cigarettes.
Also, from seeing several employees smoking (both inside and outside of the lobby) I doubt they can even really appreciate the problem.

Stayed July 2012
BenmillerGM, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for staying with us recently. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for the condition of your suite. We are preparing a capital improvement plan which will address replacement of worn furnishings. I'm sorry to hear that your suite was smoky. This certainly shouldn't have been the case, especially if it was designated as non-smoking. We will do our best to ensure that we better eliminate such odours. Smoking is not allowed in any interior public areas with the exception of guests in smoking-allowed suites only and I can assure you that none of our employees would disregard this by-law.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

By far my favorite hotel in Windsor. The staff is friendly and welcoming, a restaurant on-site offers great food - especially the Eggsmart. My room was exceptionally large with a heavenly bed. Clean and fresh, centrally located, this hotel has all you need and more.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Many thanks for staying with us recently and for your very positive review of our hotel! I'll share your comments with our hotel and restaurant teams and look forward to your next visit.
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have'nt stayed here in over 6 years and wondered during my recent booking if this hotel had deteriorated. It has not. I booked through and online discount site and was given a good rate.

At checkin, I changed my room from smoking to non-smoking with no problem. The adjacent independent parking lot still charges the same $10 daily rate with in and out privledges.

The front desk staff are freindly and accommodating.

The room itself was a large one-bedroom suite with dinette, fridge and sitting room and a separate bedroom and bathroom. The kingsize bed was extremely comfortable. The water pressure and hot water supply was excellent. The bathroom was spotlessly clean.

I had no problem with the free Wifi signal and there is an optional hard wired internet connection. There is a tv in the bedroom and another one in the sitting area.

The hallways are a bit dated and could use new carpeting and paint. The ice machines are only located on the odd numbered floors.

The hotel has two restaurants sharing one facility. Although I ate elsewhere, I am told that a breakfast/lunch restaurant has the early a.m. until 3 pm shift and then a sports bar type restaurant takes over until close. This is quite an interesting concept. I would love to be there at shift change.

This hotel is a mere 10 minute walk from Ceasars Casino Windsor and only a couple of blocks from the main shopping street. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance, including a very-late-night Chinese restaurant.

I came back to the hotel quite late at night (with my Chinese take-out) and didn't notice any front desk staff and the office door was closed, but I am sure someone was around if I needed them. For security, your room key is required to access the elevators after 11 pm.

Check-out was unremakable.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
BenmillerGM, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thanks for returning as our guest after 6+ years! It's good to know you enjoyed your stay with us. The daily restaurant transition is smooth (Eggsmart uniformed servers, table top place mats & menus are replaced by Superstar Bar & Grill servers and menus) = the best of both worlds for our guests. Our Front Desk is staffed 24 hours daily so I'm confident our personnel were out of sight momentarily. I'll share your positive feedback with our team and hope to see you again much sooner next time!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My friends and I recently went back to Windsor for the first time since we were in our teens. We figured we would see what had changed in the last ten years. All of our previous trips, we stayed at the Quality Suites - and we loved it back then. Very clean, the rooms were spacious and the price was affordable. Its good to see that has not changed. I don't know how often we will continue to make it back to Windsor, but when we do, there is no doubt we will stay at the Quality every time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and will continue to make Quality Suites your hotel of choice when you return to Windsor! I'll share your positive comments with our team. See you next time!
Collingwood, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

An ok place for a quick business or personal stay, but the hotel could use some attention to cleanliness in the rooms and rest of the building. Price is not bad, but it may be worth spending the extra for a bit nicer place.
Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you found our employees to be friendly. We do our best to make our guests feel at home. I'll share your comments with our team and want to let you know that we are planning updgrades to our hotel. I hope that you will stay with us again!

Been to Quality Suites Downtown Windsor? Share your experiences!