“Overpriced rude staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Downtown Windsor

You added Quality Suites Downtown Windsor to your Saves list
Quality Suites Downtown Windsor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Dougall Ave, Windsor, Ontario N9A 7C6, Canada (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Troy, Michigan
“Overpriced rude staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the June 9th weekend and were not impressed. The room was clean for a smoking room but I noticed a brown spot on the bed sheets it was disgusting. Also when I asked for a band aid at the desk she have me hand sanitizer and the girl seemed in interested. Maybe for $50 a night it would be worth it but not $110 it is very overpriced because of its location.

• Stayed June 2012
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for staying with us recently. I'm surprised and disappointed to read of the issues you experienced while our guests. This is certainly not indicative of our usual high standards of quality and service. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and kindly respond to the message I sent you requesting details so that I can follow-up. Thank you very much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We visited Windosr for Mother's Day weekend and we stayed at this wonderful hotel again. We arrived early and when I called to inquire about an early check in we were told that our room was waiting for us, we checked in 3 hours early and had some time unwind and relax. All of the staff were very friendly and accomodating. We had such a great time that we ended up staying another night. Thank you for making our trip such a wonderful experience. We will definitely stay again!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! I will be happy to share your comments with our team and look forward to having you as our guests again!
Battle Creek, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

From the Manager, Christine Melnyk and front office staff, Jenn and cristi, we were taken care of beyond what most properties offer in guest needs. My wife and I cannot express how greatful we were fro the help that was given to us in our stay at this property. The restaurant too was attentive to our hungry for good food and service. We highly recommend this property to all, especially it you want to have a staff that cares.

Room Tip: Always go to the room as soon as possible to see if the room is acceptable.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you so much for the very positive review following your stay with us and for specifically mentioning a few of our team members who assisted you. Glad to know we helped make your stay in Windsor memorable! Hope to have you as our guests again!
Pickering, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have been staying at this property since it was opened (Journey's End). This property was way ahead of it's time and offered suites before it was popular. The staff is always nice, the suites are spacious, and the location is close to everything. My disappointment with the property is that it is tired and needs to have a facelift. The colours are drab and dull, there are still old glass TV's and the sofa in my suite needed to be replaced. I am not sure if the facelift is slow in coming because of the general economic conditions in Windsor but downtown is getting a facelift so should this property. I have never had much luck with food at this hotel and every time I come to town there is a new restaurant started. I passed on the food this trip. Having said I am disappointed I will be back next year because this property has good bones!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for posting your review here and for your loyalty throughout the years! I appreciate your positive comments and would like to let you know that we are introducing flat screen televisions this year and are also developing a more in-depth capital plan to address redecorating where needed. Superstar Bar & Grill is in its 3rd year of operation and last year we added Eggsmart, known for great breakfast & lunch. Both restaurants are independently operated but guest feedback is generally positive and I'm a satisfied regular! I hope that you will try one or both restaurants on your visit next year. See you then!
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is my third stay in this good, basic hotel. The rooms are large (suite style), have everything you need and are reasonably clean. The staff are always very friendly.

My room comprised a large bedroom (with a very comfortable Queen sized bed) a bathroom, with access from both the bedroom and a well sized lounge area. The latter containing a table with four dining chairs, another chair, settee, TV, sink and fridge.

This layout makes for a quiet bedroom. The free WiFi seems much improved since my last visit.

The new breakfast restaurant service (this used to be a free buffet) was a big disapointment: luke-warm over-priced orders running late in a near empty restaurant, that came with a huge helping of soggy cold potato (why?).

The basic meaage is: this is a good solid economic place to stay, but eat elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to post your comments. I appreciate your feedback on our staff service and WiFi. I'm sorry to hear that your breakfast in our independently operated restaurant was disappointing. Feedback on our new Eggsmart restaurant has generally been very positive. I will certainly share your comments with the restaurant owner and am confident that they will take the necessary action to ensure improved consistency in food quality. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We were greeted by a very friendly front desk representative. She told us a bunch of information we need to get across the border PRONTO to catch a hockey game!
We had a JR suite room, which was spacious and very clean! We even forgot a few things and the staff was more than welcoming to bring it directly to our room within minutes.

There is a restaurant on site that was pretty good as well, not my personal favorite, but tasty for a late night snack.

The hotel is in a great location, 5 minute walk to the Casino, but they also have a shuttle service! Great place to stay if going across the border and you don't want to stay in Detriot. It is right downtown, so there were some loud people partying, but never caused any problems and never heard a peep after 11pm. A little drive to go to the Devonshire Mall.

Overall, Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Jr Suite rooms if you have a lot of stuff or like more than just a bed and washroom.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments following your stay last month! It's good to hear that service was great, as expected and I'll be happy to share your comments with the team. Looking forward to having you as our guests again!
Hilliard, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We decided to drive to Windsor to visit Ceasar's and play alittle. Had never been there before. Booked the room thru Choice Hotels, sight unseen. Was told it had been remodeled and we should be happy with the room. I haven't had too many good experiences with Quality Inns in the States, but decided to try it. We were very pleasantly surprised!! The suite was roomy, clean, and well maintained. We dealt with one staff member, Jenn, who was great. Very helpful with info about the area and always smiling and friendly. We happened to be here during spring break, St Patrick's day, and the beginning of March Madness. The town was one big party room. However, we saw no indication of trouble by any students, no one being rude, obnoxious, or too drunk to function. We were all thru the town during the St Patrick's Day parties. Some of the students were staying at the hotel, but there was no commotion and pretty quiet. One of the best experiences we have had. We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. The attached resturant, Superstar/Eggsmart, Had good food and good staff. Jacquiline (sp) was one of our servers and couldn't be any more pleasant and friendly. They were understaffed, so service from the kitchen was alittle slow, but the food was good. We will do another get-a-way there in the near future.

Room Tip: We discovered that the suite was the better option vs a room. The bedroom was closed off from the LR...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristineMelnyk, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thanks for staying with us last weekend and for posting your review! It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your visit to Windsor on a beautiful St. Patrick's Day! I will be happy to share your comments with Jenn, our restaurants and the rest of our team. We look forward to hosting you on your next Windsor getaway.
Cheers!

Been to Quality Suites Downtown Windsor? Share your experiences!