“Elevator nightmare” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   430 Ouellette Ave, Windsor, Ontario N9A 1B2, Canada (Formerly Ramada)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
“Elevator nightmare”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Other rooms in this hotel may be ok, but 601 and most likely any of the 01 rooms have the elevator nestled right beside the bed! We only stayed because it wAs snowing bad so it was last minute, however I forewarn if noise bothers you ask for another room immediately.
The toilet was not even an inch away from the sink stand and you have to sit sideways on it, that made me the most upset.
The women at the counter in the morning was not pleasant and did not talk, grabbed the keys and that was that.
Not the best stay ever! But it was clean.

• Stayed December 2013
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear RVcornell,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn for your stay. I apologize that your stay was not up to our high standards.
As you said in your review, our rooms closer to the elevator do experience more noise than rooms away from them. We use those rooms only when we the need arises. During the evening of your stay we did have many other guests such as yourselves who booked last minute to avoid driving in the bad weather, and unfortunately the room for yourself was a louder one.
I will be speaking with the staff members who were on that weekend regarding the customer service you experienced. We pride ourselves on delivering a great stay, and we have let you down.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to a different room so we may show you a wonderful stay.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The rooms were nothing special but the pool is really good for a hotel. The fitness centre is just three cardio machines (two working) in a tiny room.

The hotel restaurant is pretty good (although the service was a but absent on the day I was there).

Rooftop parking was about $7 day extra.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear eightydays11

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate feedback from our guests.
I am happy to hear that you enjoy our pool area. Hotel pools are sometimes not given the credit that they deserve, and our team has worked very hard to help bring more life to the pool and sun deck this year. We will look into the equipment in our fitness centre to ensure the machine currently not working is repaired. Thank you for letting us know about this.

I will also pass along your comments to the owner of the restaurant. I know they always appreciate feedback, just as we do.

Once again eightydays11, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We found staying at the Holiday Inn downtown to be extremely disappointing. We stayed on a Saturday night. The music from the bars across the street kept us up until after 2 am. Not very soundproof walls. The bathroom was extremely small. The parking was very poor and not in a well lit area. Definitely not worth $15 per night.. We felt very unsafe. The fan for the heater/AC unit in the room was very loud and went off and on approx every 2-3 min. This hotel was rated #7 for Windsor. I would hate to see what the hotels were like that received a rating of 8 or higher. We sent in a complaint to Holiday Inn and the only response was that our comments were posted on their site. Needless to say their customer service was extremely lacking. We will never stay at a Holiday Inn again if this is how they treat their customers.

Room Tip: Even if you request a room at the back, overall the price did not reflect the rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michelle S,
I apologize that your stay was not up to our highest standards. We take concerns such as yours very seriously and will be looking into them.
In regards to the bedroom, we are currently going through the hotel to inspect all our rooms to find your specific one to help prevent these issues again in the future. As for the posting with Holiday Inn, I am unable to comment on that specifically. I do hope that we have the opportunity to see your comment, and hopefully contact you personally.
Once again Michelle, I apologize for the stay, but would like to thank you for bringing these items to our attention. I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again to show you our true version of hospitality.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed 2 nites in November 2013. Very comfortable - nice linen, pillows. Quiet (ask for room in the back). Walking distance to casino, right in the midst of restos, etc. Easy parking - $15 per day extra. There's a coffee/tea cart on each floor (and newspapers) in front of the elevators every morning. (No nice view at the back however.)

Room Tip: room in the back - quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear nerlovestravel,
Thank you for taking the time and writing a review for our hotel. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests.
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay while in Windsor. We recently upgraded our pillows in all our rooms, and are glad to see that you enjoyed them. I apologize that your view was a bit disappointing for you. Being a downtown property not right at the waterfront, we do only have city views.
We would love to welcome you back again on your next visit to Windsor.

Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Its tough to find a decent place to stay in Windsor.

The Holiday Inn is conveniently located - very close to the tunnel and an easy walk to all of downtown.

The rooms are fine - definitely feeling a bit dated and in need of an update but not bad.

The room has one of the heaters / air conditioners that are on the wall and tend to be noisy. This one was no exception - it made enough noise to wake you up each time it turned off.

This would still have been not a bad stay if we hadn't woken up to no hot water.

All in all, disappointing.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear DanJToronto,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor, and for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. We love to hear back from our guests, especially to hear how we can improve ourselves.
I would like to apologize that your stay was not up to our highest standards. We truly feel that we have let you down. We are currently working on completing some changes to our rooms to help become more modern. You are correct that we do have the wall heaters, and they are in all of our rooms. We will be looking at all our units to see if we can repair or fix any which are louder. In regards to having no hot water in the morning, I deeply apologize for that, and we are looking to see if there is something we can do to help hot water circulate more frequently to prevent this issue for the future.

I hope we can welcome you back again DanJToronto so you may see the changes we are making to help every guest’s stay a great one. Once again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was here on a business trip in October. The staff was great. The hotel has reserved parking for IHG members which was awesome. I got a nice little snack and some water in my room which was clean enough. However the renovation of the bathroom doesn't make sense. There's a beautiful sink and vanity set in their but its oversized for the room and makes some visits a bit uncomfortable. Then there was the location of my room. On the one hand it was awesome as I looked out at Caesar's Palace and over the Canada border crossing so there was lots to see but on the other hand my room actually wrapped around the elevator shaft so the elevator was actually running right beside the bed....so weird. Anyway just don't get an #01 room and you'll probably be ok. The location on Ouellette is great as there's lots to walk around and look at, and the price was right. I'd give it another chance but in a different room. on and your room key gets you 15% off at the attached restaurant.

Room Tip: just don't get an #01
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear PegLeg-and-SherBear,

I apologize that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. We would love to welcome you back again to try a different room, this time away from the elevator.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel team. I have shared them with the entire staff so they may see them.

Once again PegLeg-and-SherBear, we look forward to welcoming you again to the Holiday Inn Downtown.

Yours In Hospitality,
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I spent one night at this hotel and I was impressed. All staff that I spoke with were friendly and professional. I was very pleased that my room and lobby were updated and in great condition. My room was spotless. If travelling to Windsor again, I would be very pleased to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear wbsCalgary,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn. I have passed along your comments regarding the cleanliness and the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next visit to Windsor.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown? Share your experiences!