I read this site's reviews before booking and hoped it would not be full of carousing teenagers.
To my surprise, it was not only quiet and calm, it was the best experience I have had in the last few dozen stays anywhere this year.
At right around US$100.00 with a corporate discount, it was much less expensive than most nice Holiday Inn suburban Detroit properties (Troy, Birmingham, etc.). And it is right downtown in the hustle and bustle--my room overlooked an open air bar.
But it was absolutely serene on the seventh floor--one of the top levels reserved for Priority Club members. My room was well-appointed but fairly small. I slept like a champ and had no problem working there all morning. In fact, as I walked past the lobby desk at one point, I asked for a second dose of coffee and was shocked that by the time I reached my room, someone was standing there waiting with my request.
As an American, Canadian TV and the provided Toronto newspaper were novel treats--as was the nearby late-night Mediterranean restaurant down the street. So was being out after midnight with the streets packed with people--while feeling completely safe.
As long as you remember that the hotel apparently pipes in water from the North Pole and allow 5 or 10 minutes for your shower to heat up, I cannot recommend this place highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor Hotel Welcomes You. Our hotel offers the ideal location for business travelers and vacationers in the heart of downtown Windsor. Recently changed to 100% non-smoking and centrally located on Ouellette Avenue, our guests are just steps away from dining and nightlife. Enjoy our on-site restaurant, "On The Avenue" for lunch, dinner or the all-day breakfast where kids under 12 eat free. It also features a cocktail lounge and a seasonal patio where you can relax and be seen on the strip. You’ll find plenty to do, from swimming in our heated indoor pool to working out at the fitness center. Our warm, friendly, multilingual staff are ready to accommodate your needs. We offer conference and catering services as well as a business center and meeting space. We are also just steps away from Caesars Casino, The Chrysler Theatre, and minutes from Detroit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Hotel Windsor
- Ramada Windsor
- Windsor Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Ontario