“Excelent Service as allways” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown to your Saves list
IHG Orbitz.com
Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   430 Ouellette Ave, Windsor, Ontario N9A 1B2, Canada (Formerly Ramada)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 34 hotels in Windsor
Hamilton, Canada
“Excelent Service as allways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am staying regularly in this Hotel and like always to come back ,the rooms are large and very clean ,the location is perfect close to all attractions ,bars and restaurants ,but most important the staff is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Paulgeci,

Thank you for once again choosing our hotel for your stay in Windsor. We are happy to hear that our staff was once again as pleasant as always.

We look forward to welcoming you again for your next trip to Windsor.

Yours in Hospitality,

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We picked a perfect time to come to Windsor! The hotel was in the heart of all the festivals, we arrived before check in time and the lady at the front desk was able to get us in early, she was great. Loved the follow up call to our room, making sure everything was fine with our room. The housekeeping staff made sure we never had to ask for extra towels! We were very impressed and will defiantly return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Jen M.,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay. Being the summer months we have plenty of festivals and things to do in the city. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to all of the staff.

Once again Jen, thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Vaughan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Had opportunity to stay at the hotel for couple of weeks for business. It is convenient for me to walk to work and there are quite a few restaurants near by in the downtown area. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, bed is comfortable. The bathroom is a bit small. Actually the restaurant in the hotel (Avenue)is very good with 15 % off for guests staying in the hotel. There is daily special. Prices are reasonable. Thursday night special is chicken wings, it draws in many diners.

Room Tip: Room 15 seems facing workroom. So it could be noisy when housekeeping staff is getting towels etc. A...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear YorkRegionYnot,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor. We strive to make every guests stay a wonderful one.

On behalf of all the staff at the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Yours In Hospitality,

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

May look a little dated, and it is, but the room was spotless. I was in for a Wings game and the location is great for getting over and back on that tunnel bus. Likely not for the feint of heart with the Oulette or whatever it is strip right there, but my room was on the tunnel side, so didn't hear much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear daTurbinator,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Windsor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn. By taking the time send a review in for our hotel, you are helping us to learn and grow.
We hope that we can welcome you back again the next time you are back in Windsor.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I checked in just after midnight after a 3 hour drive to get to Windsor. I booked the hotel instead of driving the morning of the next day so I would be rested. I fell asleep around 1 am and had restless slept as I heard a dripping noise. I got up to check the taps twice at about 3:00 and 3:30am. They were not leaking. At 4:08 after stumbling in the dark to see what the noise was I was drenched in water. It was pouring from the ceiling by the window and I assume coming in because it was raining out. The lamp telephone and desk were covered in water and the water was now dripping on me in the dark. I could not turn on the lamp as it was wet and I was afraid to get electrocuted. I was also afraid because I didn't know if the room was safe or the ceiling was caving in due to on going renovations outside.

I decided to pick up the phone while being rained on, the cord was not long enough to move. I called the front desk and reached the woman I beleive that checked us in Renee. As soon as she answered she said are you calling about the water? I was surprised she knew why I was calling. I said yes she told me to use towels. I said then what towel will I use? She said she would ask 'him' to bring me some towels. It is 4 am and I do not want a strange man coming to my door when I am in sleeping attire. I said no she asked if I wanted to change rooms and I said no as my son was in the connecting room. I had to make sure he was up for his university graduation and didn't want him to not know where I was.

I put the towels on the desk and floor but the dripping was still so loud I could not sleep not to mention I was wet and had no towels. In the morning I looked in my sons room when I went to use his towels and his curtains also had water stains and they were damp. It is obvious to me this hotel knows they have leaks.

They also have their parking lot under renovations and it was a mess trying to get to and from our rental car that we also booked with travelocity. I feel that if a hotel is under renovations a guest should be aware at the time of booking. I also feel there is no excuse for what i had to go thru with water running from the ceiling. I do have pictures of the ceiling desk and floor covered in water. I would attach them but do not have the option I would be happy to forward them to you. I contacted the hotel the following day and they were told they can not help me as I booked with travelocity. I expect to be compensated for my hotel charges, including 6.00 parking when I would have been better off parking on the street. I had a 3 hour drive back dead tired. Travelocity refused to refund as I did not report the issue right away even though I had pictures. The hotel could care less to. Will never use either again.

Room Tip: do not book at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIWINDSOR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear melisawith1s,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience of the noise and water from the rain. Unfortunately we did have some damage done due to the constant downpour that the city has experienced over the past month. That said, there was a communication breakdown on our end, which I have already taken care of and will be re-addressing with the entire staff within the week.
The Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor is working hard to improve our hotel to serve our guests better. One of these improvements is the renovation of our second floor parking. We understand the inconvenience of the parking construction, and on our website, it does notify our guests of this prior to booking.
We do care very much that you had issues with the hotel, but we are unable to refund for a room paid through a third party site. If the other site were to have contacted us, we would gladly take care of this. We have yet to have heard from them, and welcome the conversation.
Melisawith1s, it was also very disappointing that you did not have the chance to speak with myself or another manager while you were here. It was not brought to my attention until later. I would very much like to speak with you regarding your stay and I hope that you will contact me at your convenience. I hope that you would give us another chance and return to stay with us, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Michelle Falconio - General Manager
Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor
Clyde OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hotel is in great location in Windsor and the staff is very friendly and helpful. However, these two benefits can not out way the cons to this facility. Parking lot is cramped and spots are hard to find after 5pm. Bathrooms are very small, can barely fit one person and the water pressure is very weak. One of the two elevators has not work in the last two weeks and the one that works is also used as a service elevator. Refrig was not working and the internet works good until everyone gets to their rooms at night then it resorts to a 56 K modem speed at best, with not hard connections available. Work out equipment is two thread mills and an incumbent bike.

I have only written 2 hotel reviews and I travel internationally for a living, already having 75 stays at Holiday Inns for 2013 and my travel patterns have been as such for 10+ years, so trust me when I say, stay at the Holiday Inn Select on Huron Church or in Detriot, you will thank me one day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Esktime,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I will definitely share with my team your positive comments. We strive to please our guests by making them feel welcome. I was very disappointed that your stay was not an enjoyable one, so please accept my apologies. The issues that you encountered are situations that we are continuing to improve and fix.
We share your frustration regarding the elevator being out of service. The International Union of Elevator Constructors have been on strike for six weeks, and service calls are emergency only. We are eager for them to return.
We will look into the concerns you had with your room (i.e. water pressure, internet, refrigerator) as we are continuously working to improve our guest’s experience with us.
The parking lot on our second floor is currently under construction to serve you and our guests better. While we have fewer spots presently, once the completion of the work is done, we are certain you will see the improvement in quality and availability of spaces.
Esktime, I wish I had the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns while you were at the hotel, and am still very eager to doing so, if you wish to call me. We would like to welcome you back to visit, should you be open to in the future.
Again, I apologize for your frustrations, and hope to have you stay again.

Michelle Falconio
Southfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I wanted a very quick get-a-away....so we OPTED to go right across the bridge. Going to Canada -- just makes it feel like you're FAR AWAY from home; when in fact you can see directly across the waterways of the Detroit River. We traveled during Memorial day weekend and had a ball just hanging out on Ouellette Ave...shopping, dining and people watching (which is the BEST)....ohhh did I mention -- we PARTIED LIKE "ROCK STARS" too!!! The Holiday Inn is centrally located to everything DOWNTOWN.....if you are looking for PEACE & QUIET at night time -- this is probably NOT the location for you. We in fact had our room moved to the HUSTLE & FLOW so we could be in the THICK OF THINGS....we were originally facing the Canada TUNNEL and asked Hotel Personnel to move us to the Ouellette side of the street so we could see everything. Overall, we had a great time; right now, Holiday Inn parking garage/decks are undergoing construction. We would definitely stay here again for future Windsor get-a-ways!

Room Tip: Depending on your interests (and noise level)....ask to be situated on the Tunnel side for peace and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Dareese G,

Thank you for your review. We always love to hear from our guests. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Being right in the heart of Downtown, you are correct that we are in the middle of it all. Our street side does give you the opportunity for people watching, but you are also correct in saying the tunnel side is quieter.

We would love to welcome you back again soon, hopefully over the next long weekend in July, and our parking deck should be all complete by then.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown? Share your experiences!