“Staff was great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   430 Ouellette Ave, Windsor, Ontario N9A 1B2, Canada (Formerly Ramada)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #8 of 33 hotels in Windsor
Seaforth, Canada
“Staff was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The staff at this hotel were amazing. The location is nice, close to river. I've seen better pools but not bad, little deck off the pool area was nice to sit outside. Food at the restaurant was great!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Sara M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review about our hotel. We always like to hear back from our guests.

I have shared your comments with the staff so everyone may read how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this month and were very pleased with the experience. Our room was very comfortable with a good bed and wonderful reading corner--big upholstered chair with ottoman and a nice side table for a drink and a snack. The maid service was very pleasant and thorough. The young women in the desk were also very courteous and accommodating. My only complaint is that the room doesn't include breakfast, although the restaurant in the hotel was adequate for our needs (breakfast and a late-night snack).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear joannafrancis,

Thank you for staying at our hotel. I have printed out your review so that all of the staff may see your kind words. While we do not offer a breakfast with every room, we do have a package available which includes breakfast if you would be interested for your next visit with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again soon!

Yours in Hospitality,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Set in the hub of the city, this hotel is close to shopping, major hospital, government and court house buildings. It is easy to walk to these locations and it is a perfect place to stay and enjoy the world famous international fireworks display and other events that the city of Windsor hosts. I am often in Windsor for business and on occasion will bring my family. The kids love the pool and my teenagers love the nightlife. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and greet me by name. This makes my stay feel like a home away from home. Thank you Holiday Inn Windsor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stephen L,

Thank you for a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time while visiting Windsor and our hotel. We enjoy welcoming you back to our hotel every time you stay, and always enjoy seeing how the kids are growing up!

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Yours in Hospitality,

Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel is located in downtown Windsor, at a central location. The lobby was comfortable and the front desk staff were efficient. The hotel room unfortunately faced a digital display on a neighbouring building (to the North) which was quite bright, however thick curtains blocked out the shifting light patterns. The bathroom was average, though the absence of the fan meant I tried to keep the shower short. The bed was comfortable, and offered both soft and firm pillows (which were clearly marked, nice touch). There was a pool onsite, parking, and a restaurant, but I did not get to try these.

My own stay was short - I arrived at 11:30 on a Sunday (for work) and checked out at 8:00 AM the next morning. Checking was quite smooth despite the lateness of the hour. As mentioned, I didn't try any of the facilities but the photographs were quite nice. The hotel decor felt a bit older, but was servicable for an overnight visit. Checkout was fast and the front desk checked for Priority Club membership, which was great since I didn't think to. Transporation (buses and cabs) were available when I left in the morning, but I was close enough to walk to my destination, which was also great.

Room Tip: Recommend asking for a room on the West (Ouellette) or South sides. (Bright advertisement on a bu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear MeadowvaleON,

Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel. We love to hear feedback from every guest who stays with us.

I do apologize for the bright digital display on the adjacent building and the fan being inoperable during your stay. I have spoken with my Maintenance team to repair the fan.

I have shared your comments with our entire hotel team so they may know how well your stay was. We would love to welcome you back to out hotel again in the future, hopefully for a longer stay.

Thank you once again.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is located right, smack in the middle of it all. There are bars, restaurants right outside and the casino a 5 minute walk away.
The front desk staff were very plesant and efficient. Room was very clean.
Beds were comfy...even the cot that they provided at an additional cost $10

Just a few small hints;
-There was a bit of noise coming from a nightclub called Sin across the street. If you think that this might bother you, ask for a room not facing Oulette.
-Parking is very close up top. If this is a problem for you, skip by the priority parking and go past the elevator. There are larger spots over there

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear smile2000star,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time while staying with us. I have printed out your comments to share with the entire hotel team so they may hear how well they did.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 519-256-4656.

Thank you.
Timmins, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We came into Windsor for New Years Eve and took the chance that they would have a room availble and they did. The staff were friendly as ever, and we had a great night. THe price was a bit high, but we knew we didn't make a reservation in advace. We love this hotel because it is so close to everything, the staff are friendly, and the price is usually reasonable.

This time we had a room on the street side, adn while it was noisier, it wasn't too bad. I prefer the rooms on the tunnel side. Less people yelling around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed for a meeting for one night. Nice, large, clean rooms, comfy king bed. Bathroom was a bit small, but nice. Overlooked the security clearance into Canada from the US, so we could hear people talking all night long, probably security guards, and we were on a higher floor as well. Parking is a bit strange. I signed up for the free Priority Club to get points, and they gave us free water and granola bars in our room, plus Priority parking in nice spaces close to the elevator. Friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the border crossing and I could hear people talking outside all night. Perhaps tr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear purpleplumeria,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate it.

I am glad you had such an enjoyable experience with us. I have printed out your review so that our entire hotel team can read your positive comments.

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown? Share your experiences!