“Surprisingly Wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   430 Ouellette Ave, Windsor, Ontario N9A 1B2, Canada (Formerly Ramada)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #8 of 34 hotels in Windsor
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Surprisingly Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is located in a very old building and from the outside appears to be rundown and tired. Not very confidence inspiring. I entered with some concern only to be greeted by "Heather" who was one of the most service oriented and caring young women I have met in this industry. I expected to drop my bags and go to my grandmother's bedside at the local hospital. No. Heather checked with housekeeping and within minutes I was allowed to check in (before 11 am -after my delayed red-eye flight) so I could change and freshen up. Over the next few days she not only recognized my all-nighter and ensured I would not be woken by housekeeping; she researched florists etc. for me as needed. I can't say enough about the overall service I experienced at this property. The housekeeping staff even left a thank you note when I left a tip on the pillow. I have never received that before. This property was clean, comfortable and though the amenities weren't as good as I'm sure others in the downtown area were I couldn't have been more comfortable. Thank you Holiday Inn - you made a sad emotional trip a comfortable, caring and pleasant experience. What more could I have asked for? The attached restaurant with it's 15% discount had good food and also excellent service. I ate there twice. I ordered room service one night and that was also an excellent experience. Good food, hot and quick. AND excellent service. Obviously this property's most valuable resource is its employees. Congratulations.

Room Tip: My room was on the east side overlooking the tunnel. It was quiet and I got the morning sun which wo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
HIWINDSOR, Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear tracyohn,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our staff. They brought a smile to our faces when reading them. We hope we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Thank you once again.

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

St. Paddy's day weekend was great for many reasons, our accomadations were as before, friendly comfortable the pool was perfect.
It's so nice to feel that when staff and management say is there anything else we can do for you? We knew, it was not only the common question to ask, but they mean it, so nice. Can't wait for the jazz fest we're already booked for another great stay. Thank you again, it's so nice to know there is a hotel away from home that feels like home.
PMP

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear PMPOntario

The entire hotel team would like to thank you for your kind words. We are looking forward to welcoming you back this summer!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great staff, very friendly. Refurbished, but nice rooms, great soft towels. Walls a bit thin, I could hear conversations from the room next door. I'd return though, the staff made it special

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for your review from your resent stay in Windsor. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and the team was able to meet all your needs. I will share your comments with all staff.
I hope on your next trip to Windsor you will visit us again.
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Although I can say nothing bad about the staff and their service you should be aware of the following about the downtown location. Lots of bars in the area and seemingly lots of US college students who love to take advantage of the 19 year old drinking age in Ontario. This is not a location if you're looking for a quiet sleep. Try the Huron Church Holiday Inn instead. Looking for the bar scene, then this is the place for sure.

One other point, if you like to use the hotel gym you should be aware that they put this on their smoking floor. Can you imagine? Not the brightest location for a gym.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are continually striving to improve the hotel and your input and opinions are valuable to us.
While we are in the heart of the entertainment district, the hotel usually sees this type of activity primarily on the weekends and we are aware of the noise that can arise. Our staff and security work diligently to keep the volume controlled inside the building.
Thank you again.

Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Windsor
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

With a 2 night stay in January , we completed our 3rd visit to this hotel. Each visit has confirmed our sense that the staff of this hotel will do everything reasonable in their power, to make the stay a good one.
The rooms are comfortable and clean, we enjoy the area in the middle of downtown. love the water front. It is the people who will probably make us consider this our first choice when in the area again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for my friend's bachlorette & they gave us fabulous service. The location was perfect, very close to all the places we wanted to go. The staff even gave us coupons for local bars & resturants.

Room Tip: The front rooms overlooked the street & made for an excellent view & a fun night.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012 via mobile

I'm used to staying on the executive floors at Holiday Inns so these rooms seemed a little more ordinary. No special ammenties or renovated looking room. The room was very warn when we got in as the heater was set to 78'F. AC was on the rest of the night but still felt warm. AC/heater blows very loud as well. Front desk staff asked if we wanted street view or alley view. We chose street and they warned it would likely be loud with the bar crowd. That was fine with us as we were going out. The floor seemed to have a lot of loud party goers and there were some extremely loud rooms surrounding us.
Beds were comfortable. Parking a little inconvenient as we had to walk up and down stairs with way too much luggage. We skipped out on continental breakfast but I believe it was offered.

• Stayed January 2012
HIWINDSOR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. Our staff makes guest satisfaction a priority and sorry to hear we were unable to address some of your concerns while you were with us. Thank you again for your review as it is only through valuable feedback such as yours we are able to improve.

Been to Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown? Share your experiences!