Visited on March 17, 2011 to room 716. I thought this hotel was a good value. It was centrally located: convenient to the waterfront, to city hall, to the casino and everything was just a short walk away. I have to first say that the evening service at the check-in was great - best I've seen in a LONG time. Not only was the welcome genuine and friendly, but it was not stuffy. Not only our party, but others too were given helpful tips on the city, recommendations to suit what people were looking for, maps on where to get things, and detailed walking instructions. Note for management as well: she suggested and promoted the on-site resto (The 25 cent chicken wings on Thursday were great - and the resto was handy for snacks at any time!). The 7th floor is newly re-done, with clean, average-sized rooms which were bright and comfortable. There were effective in-room temp controls but the fan was loud. The TV could not maintain the signal for more than 10 seconds, so it effectively didn't work (I didn't complain about this, so I'm not holding it against them). The bed was very comfortable - slept like a baby (after 3). The bathroom has a granite counter and a nice deep sink, but no place to put toiletries: a pet peeve for me. The complimentary toiletries were good and had a great scent (Bath and Body Works - coconut lime). I thought the free local calls offered by the hotel was thoughtful... all hotels should have this. They also offered free high speed internet, a business centre, and a generous sized pool (however this was on a stinky-cigarette smelling floor!). I think this is a good deal and I will definitely stay here again.
One note though... if you actually want to sleep on 'party nights' like St Pats Day, you should be cognizant that there will be a noisy Windsor-style party going on under your window until about 3am. Hey, its just part of the experience. I have heard that the bars outside the hotel can often be boisterous... so noise might be an issue more often than not. This could take the 4* rating to a 3*.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor Hotel Welcomes You. Our hotel offers the ideal location for business travelers and vacationers in the heart of downtown Windsor. Recently changed to 100% non-smoking and centrally located on Ouellette Avenue, our guests are just steps away from dining and nightlife. Enjoy our on-site restaurant, "On The Avenue" for lunch, dinner or the all-day breakfast where kids under 12 eat free. It also features a cocktail lounge and a seasonal patio where you can relax and be seen on the strip. You’ll find plenty to do, from swimming in our heated indoor pool to working out at the fitness center. Our warm, friendly, multilingual staff are ready to accommodate your needs. We offer conference and catering services as well as a business center and meeting space. We are also just steps away from Caesars Casino, The Chrysler Theatre, and minutes from Detroit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Hotel Windsor
- Ramada Windsor
- Windsor Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Ontario