“Amazing value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Ontario
“Amazing value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a great place to stay in for the price. The location is good.. right by the expressway. The price is good. And the rooms are decent. We got the king suite for just $5 more than a queen (no brainer there) and those rooms are newly renovated. They're quite nice actually. THe lady at the front desk was nice and helpful too.

Room Tip: Get the king suite! Those are the newly renovated rooms!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

When we first arrived at the hotel, I was shocked. It is undergoing renovations and the place is a mess. When I expressed my concern to the women at the front desk, she told me not to worry and that I had a renovated room. She was very friendly and I immediately felt better. Our room was very nice. A few drawbacks: no plug for the tub, the room was dusty (probably from the construction going on), and it didn't look like it had been cleaned very well-hair in the tub and garbage on the floor. But...the overall experience was very good. The beds are comfortable and the breakfast room was clean and well-stocked. The woman at the front desk was very helpful and we ate at the restaurant she recommended. (She gave us a 20% off coupon, too). I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I spent the August Long Weekend as a guest of this hotel. This was my third visit in 2013.

My complements to the management and staff.

To management: Your recent renovations (still on-going) are bringing this hotel into the 21st Century. The mattress was so comfortable. The furnishings and colour co-ordination are well chosen and bring a fine designer finish to your rooms.

That said please look closely at the workmanship. It is not at the standard I am sure you are paying for.

I look forward to the additional upgrades (relocation of the breakfast room with a more meal choices) your staff told me about.

To your staff:
In April I arrived in Windsor for the first time helping a friend move to your city. I was greeted with a smile and warm Windsor welcome from your receptionist Marie. She was so helpful to me and my friend. Marie, thank you for going above and well beyond to assist us.

To the remainder of your staff: You are all so pleasant and friendly. Each and every employee I have dealt with or just cross path with is smiling and is so polite and pleasant. Thank you everyone.

Truly a place to stay when one is away from home and they want to feel at home.

I look forward to my next stay at Comfort Inn Windsor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days attending an assembly at the WFCU. We found the room comfortable and clean. Staff were very friendly and were good to deal with. The hotel is undergoing renovation at the present time but this activity did not impact our stay. The complimentary breakfast was good and a real asset for a busy day. I will stay here again, it is a modest hotel and represents good value for dollars spent. The location is also very convenient.

Room Tip: Upstairs queen size bed room we had included a small fridge and microwave , this was extremely valua...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Missouri City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked into this hotel after flying in from Houston and deplaning in Detroit Metro with a short drive through the tunnel to Windsor. Very convenient location for all family members flying in from different parts of the country for a wedding in Windsor. Clean and comfortable and although a main thoroughfare was outside our window, we heard little or no traffic noise. Easy parking and a favorite of mine is free Wi-fi - sumptuous breakfast 7 - 10 am. This is a very satisfactory hotel which I would recommend to any family members and friends.
Great customer service from the Reception Desk.

Room Tip: Hotel has no elevator, so I would suggest a ground floor room if you are carrying heavy bags.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

clean, close to casino. breakfast typical , nothing special more appetizing fruit would help, have reserved rooms heat turned on in feb ours was freezing had to sit in coat for an hour until heat made room bearable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridget K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Windsor, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your response and review of our hotel.
We recently purchased this facility and I want to extend my sincere apologies for not meeting your full expectations. Our hotel is being completely renovated and will include a full hot breakfast. Our policy is to have the temperature at certain levels for both hot and cold seasons and I assure you I will ensure this is completed going forth.
Thank you once again for your feedback and please contact me personally prior to your next stay in Windsor.

Bridget Klingbeil
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location moments from the border crossing but tucked away fr the bridge traffic this Comfort Inn offers a quiet nights sleep in clean comfortable surroundings. Good parking and free Wi-fi and breakfast.

This is a very functional place to stay and Nicki the front desk attendant goes out of her way to make guests feel comfortable.

This is not an especially luxurious or romantic stay, but our room included a microwave and a frige which were unexpected amenities.

Easy abundant parkin
Free wi-fi
Free breakfast

Good stop for travelers

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Comfort Inn Windsor? Share your experiences!