“Clean, comfortable room with relaxing restaurant..” 4 of 5 stars

Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Sarnia, Ontario
“Clean, comfortable room with relaxing restaurant..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business, and found the room very warm and welcoming and nicely set up to get some afterhours computer work done. The room was clean, and the bed and variety of pillows were comfortable.The bathroom included a jazuzzi jet tub, while the only thing that caught my eye was carpet which was looking a little tired. Parking is adequate, free and well lit, while I enjoyed the staff at the attached restaurant, finding them very efficient and very friendly. Stopping in for a beer during the evening, my pint cost $7.91, while I found the food prices a little higher then I was willing to pay. I did however really enjoy the breakfast the next day, again finding the staff very friendly, and the breakfast delicious, and reasonably priced at $7.95 for bacon, eggs, toast etc.Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and Suites as your hotel during your brief stay in Windsor. We certainly appreciate your business and your comments regarding the hotel. I will pass along your remarks to our housekeeping associates regarding your guestroom experience and will also share your comments with the management at Grill 55 as well.

We work hard to ensure that a great stay is had by all and address all of the concerns that are provided on this site.

Thank you once again for feedback and we hope that you will choose our hote again during your next visit to Windsor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Thsi hotel is very handily located on Huron Church Road, just before the bridge to Detroit, so staying here to attend a ball or hockey game in Detroit is ideal. It used to have a restaurant run by The Tunnel Barbeque, known for it's ribs. Thsi is now changed to a much more aceptable style of restaurant with an excellent menu, a decent chef and a terrific breakfast buffet.
The bar is now integral with the restaruant as well.
The staff is as always, excellent, very friendly and accomodating, and glad to let you know they appreciate your business.
The rooms are well appointed and clean and most importanty, the beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel do not get the truck nopise from Huron Church Road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review on this site. Many people rely on the feedback from other guests and we certainly appreciate the information that you have provided. We are only located approximately 2 kilometers from the Ambassador Bridge and the freeways make things very accessible in Michigan. Many thanks for staying with us an we look forward to having you stay with us again the in the future!
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed for a week-end and it was great. We were there with a boys baseball team and the hotel put us all on the same floor. We booked an executive suite and were quite impressed with the room. Lots of space, microwave, fridge, whirpool tub etc. Nice place to stay. Very quiet as our parents all met up in the lobby to watch baseball on TV which kept the floor very quiet and no one complained about us being down there. I would definitely stay here again. Great rate for the team. Well worth it and 4 minute away from the ball park.

Room Tip: We had the executive suite room 216 at the end of the hall and it very large and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with your Baseball team! We do our utmost to block the teams on the same floor (when possible) to ensure that they are together and have an enjoyable stay! We look forward to welcoming you and your team back in the future. Have a great afternoon!
Guelph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed recently at the Holiday Inn on Huron Church Rd during a busy sports weekend. When we checked in their were teams everywhere and I thought oh no I will not be sleeping tonight due to noise. I was wrong, the hotel gave the teams a meeting room to all meet in during the evening and they had 2 staff member walking the hallways late into the night. I had a good night sleep due to the staff thinking of all guests!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and Suites and thank you for your feedback. We do our utmost to block the teams together, and we provide meeting rooms on the main and lower level to use as hospitality rooms. This way the teams can hang out together on a non guestroom floor! We appreciate you business and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. Hair dryer hung behind bathroom door so did not see it at first. No door on the closet, all open. Good television. Bed felt more like a double than queen but I was travelling alone. Good choice of pillows. Shower could be a stronger pressure, but again clean. Towels good.
My main problem at check in was that I arrived late at night 9pm and as a woman travelling on business alone was quite perplexed when the night desk clerk said my room number to me aloud. Most hotels know that is not appropriate as a safety measure. When I mentioned it to both night clerks, they both appeared surprised and had no clue what I was talking about. I asked if they have had any training for safety of guests and they both said no.; so I said in future, never say the room number aloud, just point when the room key is given. It was my impression that they could not care less.
Upon check out I mentioned it to the day clerks both said they know not to do that, and then someone should teach the night clerks. I had to ask they tell the manager, neither offered to ensure it got to the manager. Alao both could have asked me if \i wanted to speak to the manager. Troubling indeed. The day clerk did not say he had been trained but said when he said a room number aloud the manager called him to the side to correct that behaviour (nicely).
Also the restaurant for breakfast, a challenge. First the girl who greeted me was so new, it felt ameteur. Decaf coffee was instant, but when I ordered they did not say it was instant and not brewed. I ordered egg white omelette with no cheese, and it came with cheese which I discovered after a few bites. As I have a sensitivity to cheese that was problematic. The waitress, who did everything she could, brought it back. It came back floating in oil. I ate the toast,as I was running out of time by this point. She brought me a fruit container to take out as an apology. I completly knew this was not her fault but I started my day without the breakfast I was expecting and had paid for as a voucher for paying a greater amount on my room charge. With breakfast room charge 174 or 179 cant recall, without breakfast 165 ish something like that. Had \I taken the room without breakfast, I would have jsut not paid teh bill for teh omlette.
Overall it is a good hotel, as I say clean and good location. These are trainable issues and I certainly hope the management trains.

Room Tip: I was on 8th floor, and it was nice and quiet. I was even facing the rood, so not an issue
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We use all of our guest feedback as an opportunity to praise our associates for a job well done OR use as a training/retraining opportunity. I can assure you that your comments have been shared with the Fronf Office Manager and the General Manager and this will be addressed with all of the front desk associates. Guest safety is extremely important for anyone staying at our hotel, and we sincerely apologize that your experience was less than acceptable.

I have also shared your comments with Grill 55 and once again, I assure you that your concerns will be addressed.

Thank you very much for your feedback and hope that we have the opportunity to host you again in the future.
Cincinnati OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Good location, nice rooms, great and interesting pool area for the kids. I've stayed here many times and it's always been good. Dont know about the restaurant. Had free internet and parking. Seems like office windows overlook the pool area!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and Suites as your accommodation choice! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to submit your comments, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Grill 55 is our inhouse restaurant and their website is www.grill55.ca if you are interested in looking at their menu before you return. Have a great day!
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed for 1 day/night for work booking a meeting room and guest room. Both were very clean, good size, and well appointed. The location is easy to access with a good variety of restaurants in the area. Fitness centre and pool and quite nice. Internet access work well with no problems. The only (minor) issues I found were that while glasses were laid out in the meeting room no pitcher of water was provided; the remote for 1 of the TV's was a little wonky; and the AC unit in the meeting room seemed a bit weak not blow cold air like the one in the guest room did.

Overall happy with the stay and services and would book / stay at this hotel again when in Windsor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and Suites for both your overnight stay and your meetings! I do apologize that the water was not in your meeting room upon arrival and trust that our porter brought it right away, once it was brought to their attention.

We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Thank you.

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!