“Good Location with large rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Mount Forest, Canada
“Good Location with large rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in April. The room was very spacious with a mini-kitchen and sitting room. The staff at reception were unpolished and not super friendly. I liked the attached restaurant Grill 55. I had a nice dinner and the wait staff were very friendly. There is also an Applebees just along the road and a Swiss Chalet across the street. I think that I may try the Hampton Inn across the street next time as their breakfast is included.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor facing the street and parking lot and didn't hear a thing....they must...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and Suites during your stay here in Windsor. I do apologize for the luke warm reception upon your arrival and will certainly share with our Front Office Manager. This type of reception is not up to our standards and this will be addressed.

Please know that the Holiday Inn and Suites is the only "true" full service hotel in our neighborhood, offering room service for those that wish to dine in the comfort of their guestroom or having the choice to dine at Grill 55 without having to leave the premises. We also have a Tim Hortons in our parking lot to utilize as well.

Don't forget about our Priority Club Rewards program... one of the best hotel loyalty programs in the industry!

Many thanks for your feedback and we hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Vaughan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The suite room is spacious with a sitting room and a bedroom, each with a flat screen TV. A mini-fridge is also provided. It is quiet at night. The hotel is conveniently located on the street which is extended from the end of the Highway 401, with many shops and restaurants around. It is about 6-7 km away from downtown and Caesars Casino, a strikingly beautiful venue of entertainment. The Market Buffet in the Casino is wonderful. Windsor is still a town struggling to be revived after economic downturn. However there are signs of recovery with more people in the downtown and shopping areas, and lots of trucks crossing the border back and forth.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from elevator as far as possible towards the corner or end of the building. Ask t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites! We certainly appreciate your business and are very happy that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel... and to the city! We have alot of wonderful things happening in the city right now with the new build of the state of the art Aquatic Centre, the Parkway project (1.6 Billion dollar roadway upgrade), summer festivals and 14 fantastic wineries in our backyard. Lots to see and do in the Windsor/Essex/Pelee Island areas!
Sombra, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

At Grill 55 after dinner I requested a decaf. It really tasted like instant Sanka. However, I did not say anything at that point. Went for breakfast. It was early morning and really needed a good cup of coffee. It was extremely weak. When I mentioned it to the waitress, she explained that the machine is calibrated by an external company so the restaurant has no control in changing the quality or making the coffee!! She brought a pot of expresso which was a little stronger but still weaker than most normal morning coffee brands in most restaurants. Surely Grill 55 can invest in a decent coffee maker to satisfy its customers. Will be back in June. Bringing my own mug and coffee for breakfast!!

Room Tip: Coffee drinkers beware of Grill 55
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel.
I will certainly provide your feedback regarding the coffee to the management team at Grill 55.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in June!

Many thanks
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Travelling through Windsor with a group. Booked 5 rooms. Everyone was happy with their stay. One of the rooms had a TV that did not work properly, they were immediately moved to another room. Good location, clean hotel, nice pool, superior assistance from the staff. The food was outstanding at the in-house restaurant Bistro 55. Other restaurants and a Tim Hortons were within walking distance. I will keep this hotel on our list for business travel and will try to stay here whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property. Please accept our apologizes for the issue with the television, and I am very pleased that the resolution was taken care of immediately.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!
Grimsby, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Let me start off by saying I have never had a worse experience at a hotel ever before! I think because they are a big chain and will always have people staying in their hotel chain, that my small family means nothing to them in the grand scheme of things.
Please keep in mind for my review here, the following:
Hospitality Promise
Making your stay a complete success is our goal. Just let our Manager on Duty or front desk staff know if any part of of your stay isn't satisfactory. We promise to make it right or you won't pay for that part of your stay.

I had booked for my daughter's gymnastics competition this hotel over a month before and was confirmed in a King Executive Suite with guaranteed late check in. Upon arrival at the hotel we were informed that there were no longer any King beds available so he was giving us two Queens. Which in itself I could have lived with if it was still an Executive Suite. NO! It was a standard room!! Now I understand most people still might not have thought that was too big of a deal. I am on a very, very specific and strict meal plan and had brought my own food that I had expected to be able to have in my kitchenette and be able to heat up as needed. This room did not have a kitchenette, just a tiny bar fridge. So I traipsed back downstairs to speak with the manager at the desk. When I asked why he had given my room away, his VERY snotty response was that they don't do that, but that they had people request to stay extra nights and "What was I suppose to do kick them out of their rooms?!?". UH HELLO!!! Yes!! The hotel is fully booked, if you wish to stay an extra night you take what is available not some one else's booked room. I have never heard of another chain doing this! In compensation for this the manager gave me $3 dollars off a night....YES $3!
I then tried to explain my dilemma with the fact that I had no microwave and about my food situation and his response was "Well did you request one?? We don't have any left". I told the man that why on earth would I redundantly request a microwave when the room I was supposed to have should have had a microwave in it in the first place?! His further response to me was well we don't have any. I had to re-iterrate 6 times that I needed some way to be able to heat up my food before he rolled his eyes and said he would see if he could find one. Hmmm not 10 minutes later I had a microwave in my room. None left huh?! Now by this point in time another customer had come in to check in and was also booked in a King Executive Suite and was told they had none for her either. She was very upset and told the lady that she had called three times including that morning and was guaranteed her King Executive Room. I do not know the outcome of her "talks" with the front desk, but I sincerely hope it was more satisfactory than mine.
Now, at this time I am prepared to make the best of the stay as my daughter needed to sleep as she was competing the next morning and her rest was very important. So I went to close the blinds and guess what?? they don't have any. There are no privacy blinds on the windows, just sheers and these decorative side curtains that do nothing. So needless to say as soon as the sun came up in the morning we were all wide awake. We plugged in the fridge so we could keep our food cold and it made such a noise that my daughter cried that we had to unplug it or she couldn't sleep. Upon trying to turn the light on beside the bed we found out that the one outlet did not work. Using the towels in the morning two out of the three had stains on them.... All in all one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had.
I guess in the long run my wish was for a truly sincere apology. Instead all I got was sarcasm and rolled eyes. I will never, ever again stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments during your stay here at the hotel. We certainly realize that there are several hotel choices in the Windsor area, and we appreciate your business. Rose City Gymnastics chose the Holiday Inn and Suites - Ambassador Bridge as the host hotel because of our reputation and strong partnership with this organization.

We understand that you feel that your challenges during your stay were not addressed properly and we do apologize for your inconveniences. Follow up has been initiated with every department to correct these issues, and we have forwarded all of the feedback from the entire weekend to appropriate Sales Manager/Convenor to review.

Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was in Windsor with my family for a shopping trip. Great accommodations, the hotel looks amazing all the renovations are completed and guestrooms were amazing. The service from front desk staff to housekeeping staff was top notch. I had breakfast on site restaurant which equally good from food and service. Keep up the great work!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites - Ambassador Bridge and thank you for your feedback. Our entire team takes great pride in our hotel and we strive to make sure all of our guests are well taken care of. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!
Seaforth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Holiday Inn's are always nice but we really enjoyed this one because of the nice pool. The kids (ages 2 and 8) had a blast swimming. Is a little smaller than what it looks like on-line but still nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn and Suites and thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel and pool! Our pool has a very warm and inviting atmosphere, and is actually the largest indoor saltwater pool in Windsor and is very popular! We look forward to having you and your familyl back for a visit!

Thank you once again!

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!