“Glad for a friendly port in a storm” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Glad for a friendly port in a storm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night after spending a night at the horrible Windsor Ramada. They were the first property I called to get my family out of the Ramada, not because I've stayed here before, but because certain expectations of mine are met in a Holiday Inn.

The staff was helpful and friendly. The speakers with music out front are a nice touch. The property is older, but well maintained. Everything in the room worked fine, and the beds were great. Probably a little overpriced, but not too bad.

The food in the restaurant is OK, but nothing to write home about. The location is good, as there are banks and drug stores nearby, and it's just off EC Row. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to host your family! We do have a great location, close to many amenities and we take great pride in our hotel.

We welcome the opportunity to having you and your family stay with us once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

In the past two years, while on business throughout southwestern Ontario, I have had the pleasure of having spent many nights at this hotel. The executive king suites are exceptional for someone on a business trip, with large work spaces and all of the amenities a business person having to live on the road would want. The staff at the front desk and all of the supporting cast are friendly and helpful. They have undergone a great deal of upgrading and renovation over the past two years, and the hotel looks fantastic. Absolutely the best hotel that I have stayed at!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our hotel. Our entire team takes great pride in ensuring that all of our guests have a great experience. We use all of the feedback that is received, as a way to praise our associates or to use it as a training opportunity so we appreciated your feedback. Thank you for your business and continued support!
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Having stayed at this location numerous times, I am left with two very different views on the quality of service. On a few occasions, I found the front desk staff helpful, friendly and professional. However, on more occasions I found the front desk staff surly, uninformed of the hotel's policies (e.g. I had to twice explain why I was asking for the kids eat free coupons which I believe is a company policy) and almost indifferent to customer service. If you are dealing with the evening staff at the front desk - good luck to you. I have never encountered such indifference bordering on downright rudeness at a decent chain hotel. After having stayed at the same location numerous times, I was interrogated about my request for a kids eat free coupon in an unprofessional manner. Basic service standards (their next smile will be their first - it seems like you are somehow inconveniencing their night by showing up) at night were not even close to being met and I was made to feel unwelcome in a hotel that I have given a lot of business to. I would highly recommend that alternate hotels be considered for a stay in Windsor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the negative experience you had during you recent stay at our hotel. Our commitment and dedication to excellent guest service is something we strive to demonstrate in our guest’s expectations every day, and to hear of your experience, was truly disappointing to us. This is not typical of our property as we have won many awards for our "service". Please be assured that your comments will be used as a traiing tool to reiterate the expectations of our front desk associates. We hope that when you visit Windsor again, you give our property another opportunity to redeem ourselves. Thanks again for your comments.
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here for a friends wedding. No complaints to speak of as everything was up to standards as expected at holiday in. It was clean,bed were comfortable and the adjacent restaurant was decently valued as well. Location was what we needed and close to Ambassador Bridge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and for staying at the Holiday Inn and Suites - Ambassador Bridge while attending your friends wedding! Our hotel is in a prime location for those that need quick access to the Ambassador Bridge and to Hwy 401. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Amherstburg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Pleasantly surprised with the king size executive suite. The hotel staff were very attentive and the room attendants fantastic. The bed was extremely comfortable and I wish I had a bathroom like this one in my home. The room was very private, quiet and had a fantastic view of the city and Detroit Skyline. Easy to find and close to everything. The hotel doesn't include breakfast but does have an extremely Good restaurant attached. The indoor pool, hot tub and gym were kept very clean. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words. We know that you have a number of accommodation choices when traveling to Windsor, and we are very pleased that you chose to stay with us!
Our 5 million dollar renovation offers the most refreshed product in the city and we look forward to having you stay with us once again!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

stayed 7days at this hotel.Housekeeping was very friendly,front desk was a great help if you dont know much about Windsor. Room that i stayed in was very clean, bed was comfy, pillows good. I would love to come back and stay at this Holiday Inn & Suites in windsor again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Many thanks for your feedback and thank you for choosing our hotel! We have a wonderful housekeeping team on property and they take great care of our hotel and our guests. Thank you for staying with us and for visiting Windsor! We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My son and I stayed for 1 night for a soccer tournament in Windsor. We got the King Executive room. While my son was out galavanting with his soccer mates I was tucked into a gloriously well made bed that lured me to sleep INSTANTLY! I was amazed at how comfortable the bed was, I could not keep my eyes open! The room was clean, spacious, had a kitchenette, King sized bed plus a double pullout couch. My son had a ball swimming with his friends in the hotel pool and hanging out in the sauna. The hotel provided a perfect team building spot for the team. Well done!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Are bedding packages are "wonderful" aren't they? The entire Holiday Inn and Suites - Ambassador Bridge team would love to welcome you back to our great hotel. Please let us know when you are coming back! Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your summer!