“The Not so Hot Room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Towne & Country Motel

Towne & Country Motel

Booking.com Tingo.com
Towne & Country Motel
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   2883 Howard Avenue, Windsor, Ontario N8X 3Y4, Canada (Remmington Park)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Windsor B&B and Inns
Windsor
“The Not so Hot Room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The following items were wrong in my room:
TV
Sound was garbled when turned down
No Ceiling Lights in Main Room
Deformed Lamp Shade (Melted) on Wall
No Pens or Paper Pads
No Coffee Maker
No Iron or Irioning Board
No Directions to Ice Cube Machine in room
Main Dresser had water damaged (warped) drawers
Sink Hot water tap was not properly installed (continues to run water when totally truned off)
Bathroom room all splintered (needs sanding or replacing)
No Bathroom Tub Plug
No Bathroom Vent (window only)
No hangers on Clothes Hanging Rack
No Clothes Hook in Bathroom
No Kleenex in Bathroom Dispenser (empty box only)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here last year and I gave it a good review. This time, I wasn't impressed. The man at the front desk was very friendly and helpful but that's as good as it gets. The pool isn't heated so it was too cold to swim in even on a warm August day! The washroom had hair on the floor and in the shower. There were crumbs on the edges of the boxspring and the floor didn't look vacuumed. The air conditioning was noisy and the wall around it was crumbling. Outside light came in through the cracks. The lighting in the room was very poor. It made the room seem dreary. The bed wasn't very comfortable and we did not get a very good sleep. On a more positive note: the room had a microwave and fridge and there is a Tim Horton's across the street. It is also close to the Devonshire Mall which is a great place to shop. If you are looking for a cheap motel and are staying one night and you aren't very picky, then it is okay but I wouldn't recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

When we checked into for a weekend. Very dissapointed. The outside - old. Nothing like the pictures on website. Upon entering the room - the smell - old and musty. I had to go and get some air fresheners. The carpet was dirty and torn in certain spots. The bath room - terrible. They supplied these tiny soaps - lucky I brought my own. The sink didn't have a stopper and the sink itself had these big rusted spots. The shower floor - dirty. Tiles on floor were broken and cracked in various spots. The bed - oh my God! The bed - very low to the floor. Flat pillows. When we pulled back the covers the box spring had this huge hole. The desk - no chair and desk dirty. The two chairs that were in the room - dirty and holes in them. The microwave door - hanging off its hinges. Luckily the mini frig worked. My husband suggested we leave but I was so tired after a 10 hour drive. The only positive thing I could comment on is the customer service. The people were very nice and "tried" to be accomodating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pinconning, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I booked this motel since it was cheap and I was leaving from the Windsor Airport the next morning. I pulled into the hotel, and it is not as nice on the outside as the pictures suggest. The front desk is ok. The areas around the hotel looked poorly kept up. The room was not impressive. It was smaller, dingy, poorly lit, and had very few amenities. I realized that there was no shampoo there. I finally just went to sleep since I only was going to be there for a few hours. Ask for the internet code, because they don't let you know there is one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed one night only at this motel. It was reasonably clean. Apart from the toilet malfunctioning and flooding the washroom, the room was fine. The internet worked well. I was not impressed with the guy at the front counter. He was polite but seemed very uninterested in his job. I called down to get the internet code, he said he would bring the information to our room. We waited for-ever! and eventually I walked back to the office to get the information from him...no apology for keeping us waiting, he just smiled and handed me a piece of paper with the details. There is a 24 hr Tim Hortons on the other side of the street and a number of restaurants in the area that were not open late...we arrived 9pm on a Saturday evening. For a few nights the motel would be fine. It was affordable and served its purpose. Bring your own pillow though...there's was very flat, I woke up with neck and back pain.

Room Tip: Ask for an extra pillow when you check in. We had a second floor room, it was quiet enough.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011 via mobile

Can you say dirty i am staying here for work and i have been sick from thé black mold Windsor needs à better health board if you ask me

• Stayed September 2011
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

When we arrived at Towne and Country Motel my 14 year old daughter said, "I'm scared", meaning she was worried that we were staying at a dumpy motel. At first glance it looks old and run-down. But it really wasn't that bad. In fact the washroom looked newly updated and the room was clean and larger than most motel rooms. The fact that it had a fridge was convenient. We didn't swim but the pool looked clean. The low price was the reason we chose this motel and we were very impressed by the value. The staff were friendly and helpful. The motel is also close to shopping and restaurants. There is a Tim Horton's right across the street!! We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Towne & Country Motel? Share your experiences!