“Pleasant surprise, clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Kenora Motel
2030 Huron Church Road, Windsor, Ontario N9C 2L5, Canada   |
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Rochester, New York
“Pleasant surprise, clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We hit town at 10 pm on a Thursday evening, and were dismayed to find all of the budget chain hotels full due to major weekend events in Detroit. The clerk at the Econolodge suggested that we try the next door Kenora Motel, and suggested that we ask to see the room before taking it. The hotel presented a rather depressing appearance, with an ill-paved parking lot and a scruffy guy smoking outside while seated on his motorcycle, but we were desperate. I followed the advice I had received, and the clerk happily showed me the room, which was clean, quiet, and had a King bed! With trepidation I asked him the rate, and when he said $55, I jumped at it! (The clerk was very positive about the property, encouraging me politely to reconsider my view of independent hotels.) We had a quiet, pleasant, uneventful night's sleep, and were happily on our way in the morning! Plan breakfast on your own; they don't have any.

Room Tip: The clerk at the Econolodge said that Kenora has an old wing and a new wing. Can't confirm that...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I would not recommend this motel at all. There's no doubt about it; the rooms are not cleaned properly. We just went in to look at one room. The staircases have a lot of debris and foul smell throughout the place. One of us ended up getting really sick after just being there and looking at the room and I'm not joking either. Motel is full of people who live there regularly which is fine but it's not really set up for people who are looking for a nice place to stay for a few nights or even a week. Seems to be where people on a small budget live. I certainly didn't feel safe at all there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Nothing to complain about. I would go back again just because the owner was friendly and someone you could talk to and reason with. For $45 a room this place is much better than your average motels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Kenora Motel? Share your experiences!