“Good value if you have the $20 coupon from discover ontario guide” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mysteriously Yours

Mysteriously Yours
2026 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1Z9, Canada (Formerly Mysteriously Yours) (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 486-7469
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,186 of 6,781 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Toronto
“Good value if you have the $20 coupon from discover ontario guide”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I have never been to this type of a show but this company has been around since 1987. I read some other reviews that were very critical but clearly they have been in business for a very long time so they must be doing something right to entertain people.
The theatre was formerly the limelight and was taken overy by mysteriously yours in 1999. The show was entertaining and funny. 4 of the actors were excellent while 2 of them were very medicore. I am sure the owners know who the 2 medicore actors were. I don't think that I would go again, but for a different experience I would recommend this venue.
The food was decent. I wouldn't say excellent by any means. The best way that I could describe the dinner and the service is that I felt like I was at a wedding that was being catered. Service was pretty slow but we were there to relax so I didn't mind. Drinks are very expensive and not included. I had the rainbow trout and very much enjoyed it albeit, it was likley pre-made hours before and put under a hot lamp...still good nonetheless.
If you go for a private show I think that the food is better from what i have heard from others. The home made chocolate forest cake is not available on public nights! :(
There is a $20 coupon in the discover ontario guide....i could see how others would find this expensive without the coupon...You can go for just the show for $42 per person less the coupon of course and the dinner is $25 for a 3 course meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Great food, great time! A fun night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Six of us attended a dinner show at Mysteriously Yours recently and everyone, ages 17 to 54, had a wonderful time.

Parking is available just around the corner and at a reasonable cost. Once inside the venue we were impressed, the decor was pleasant, the tables nicely laid and there was lots of room at the table (unlike some places where we were packed in like sardines and where the emphasis was firmly on functionality).

Everyone was impressed with the quality of the meal. We all chose the roast veg soup as a starter and everyone really enjoyed it. 1/2 of the table had salmon with vegetable quinoa. It was delicious. The nicely sized portion of salmon was fresh and grilled to perfection, and the quinoa was an interesting and tasty change from the usual carb. The other 1/2 of the table chose the chicken with gnocchi and pronounced it very good as well. All of the food was freshly and carefully prepared, with table service, an unexpected treat as we were expecting more of the cafeteria grade food/steam table self-serve buffet style you sometimes get when a kitchen has to produce a room full of meals more or less all at the same time.

The actors came in after the entree and made the rounds of the tables. It took us a little while to figure out that it would be more interesting if we asked the characters questions to help us figure out the murder mystery, though actually, you didn't need to. The scripted scenes told you what you need to know, though there was enough misdirection to confuse the best detective. A break for coffee and dessert and then the reveal. (Dessert was equally delicious, by the way. Some of us had the chocolate mousse, one had a peach dessert, and another had the apple tart. Everyone enjoyed it throughly.)

Bottom line: A terrific meal and a vastly entertaining show.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere