“How to solve a murder...without laughing so hard.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mysteriously Yours

Mysteriously Yours
2026 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1Z9, Canada (Formerly Mysteriously Yours) (Downtown Toronto)
(416) 486-7469
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,000 of 6,995 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Toronto, Ontario
“How to solve a murder...without laughing so hard.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently this past weekend took my brother in law and his wife (their anniversary) and my husband and I.

About the dinner: Had a lovely evening of food starting with the appetizers. The parsnip pear soup was a hit on my palate and the salad was very much enjoyed. The main meal...needs a little more attention. Those that had the steak enjoyed it very much but found it small in portion...normally guys tend to order this and I know for a fact that food is a big issue in terms of a little more for the appetite. We had also the chicken and salmon course that we found very tasty and yummy....however I must point out that you need a new side vegetable to serve: cauliflower, broccoli, carrots anything like that to steam but....rapini. I happen to love this very bitter vegetable but many are not and you never just steam it and serve it to people...they won't eat it. I saw so many plates with this very nutricious vegetable go to waste. If you must have this on your menu, then a small suggestion: steamed and then lightly stir fry with already fried garlic in small quantity...then serve on plate with a squeese of lemon juice, salt n pepper....you will have a few new converts on this particular vegetable.

The show was great...loved how they interacted with audience and for those with special occasions, they were singled out and were able to be part of the play/show...it realy put a spin on murder mystery and we were able to see who the culprit was...some prizes were given as well...great job everyone! We had so many laughs!

Can't forget about dessert...my favourite was the chef's special...tiamasu cheese cake with a lady finger...delightful! My whole family enjoyed the experience and we are looking forward to bringing more family members to experience "a murder" oooooh ahhhhhh.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Very Entertaining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I attended a company function yesterday afternoon at this establishment and I got to say that it was really fun.

The show was very entertaining and the food was pretty good. I thought that the actors did a fantastic job....Madame Gaga was my favorite.

They did a great job of involving the audience and making them part of the show.

I would recomend this place to anyone. It's like dinner and a movie all packed into one!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Going downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My past visit was disappointing.
They have raised the prices for dinner/show significantly (which I am not complaining about if it's worth it, but it wasn't), telling everybody that they have to check their coats ($2.25 each) because it's distracting to the actors and the meal was meagre and scimpy.
My niece order the gumbo vegetarian main dish which comprised of a few ladles of soupy soup and not substantial at all. Buns were cut into slices (probably to save $) and little tiny portions of butter of which we had to ask for extras.
The show is funny is spots.
Overall impression is that it is going downhill and am thinking of going to another venue next time.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“You should absolutely go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I have been to see a show twice at Mysteriously Yours and enjoyed it both times. In fact I'm planning to give tickets as Christmas gifts this year! It was a fun atmosphere, with lots of audience participation. The wait staff were friendly and attentive, the cast were talented and funny! The food was great!

Visited November 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Do not buy the dinner package”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Recently went to Mysteriously Yours for a friend's birthday for the Murder at Twilight Show. It was my first time there and most certainly my last. I'll start by saying that the actors are very funny, they come around to your table before the "show starts" and we had some good laughs. The show itself was a bit dull and drawn out. Quite frankly, I was bored.

The worst part however, was the food! I really cannot understand how anyone would say the food was delicious. The food was not good, nobody (of the group of 15) I was with enjoyed their meal. I ordered the chicken and my friend ordered the salmon. The food lacked any finesse or flavour (it reminded me of bad Banquet Hall food). If you do attend I would highly recommend going ONLY FOR THE SHOW and dining at one of the many fantastic restaurants nearby (even St. Louis would have been better).

I will end the review on a positive note: the drinks were good!

• Visited November 2011