“Amazingly fresh and delicious!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Milagro Cantina Mexicana

Milagro Cantina Mexicana
5 Mercer Street, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1H2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416-850-2855
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Milagro Cantina Mexicana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #620 of 6,777 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Cross street: John Street
Transit: St Andrew TTC Station- Walk West on King Street, turn left on John St., walk half block south & turn right on to Mercer St.
Description: Milagro is inspired in the golden era cantinas of Mexico. Our friendly staff offers classic food & refreshing beverages at reasonable prices in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Milagro is colorful with an eclectic & somewhat funky style. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas, daiquiris & classic mixed cocktails. Milagro is Zagat rated & has been featured in Toronto Life, Now, Globe & Mail, El Pais (Spain), Toronto Star, Eye, Metro, 24hrs, Where, Women"s Post, North Toronto Post, Travel & Leisure & mano others. We are open daily for lunch at noon, dinner at 5:30pm & brunch on Saturdays & Sundays until 4:30pm. Milagro is located at 5 Mercer St. on the corner of John St. in the heart of the entertainment district, downtown. Gen Manager: Eddie Ferrer Kitchen Manager: Andres Pena. Visitanos pronto!
toronto
“Amazingly fresh and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had an amazing authentic mexican meal, complete with tequila from a very extensive tequila list. The server was very knowledgeable and friendly. I had one of the best salads I've ever eaten; fresh cubes of crisp green apple with mango, cucumber, and avocado tossed with fresh cilantro and lime juice.... WOW. I then had the enchiladas with refried beans and rice and again was absolutely beyond impressed with the taste. I ate vegetarian but my boyfriend ate the meatier versions and he was equally as enthralled at his meal. Hands down THE BEST mexican restaurant I have ever eaten at.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miramichi, Canada
“Yummy and Super Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This restaurant was a hit on our last visit to Toronto. The margaritas were to die for!!, Having spent time living with a Mexican in Mexico, I was pleasantly pleased to enjoy some authentic Mexican cuisine at Milagro. Our server went out of his way to be helpful regarding the menu. He took time to listen to my food allergy concerns and made some helpful suggestions\substitutions with me in mind. The atmosphere was delightful. We dined on the out door patio....very nice. I felt that I was back in Mexico. I would definitely recommend that you visit Milagro when in Toronto.

• Visited September 2012
toronto
“try the margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Margaritas frozen or not - in BIG glasses check the photo of my pal with hers. I had the fish tacco (ap size) but enough for a main meal.
Love it

Montreal, Canada
“Great mexican food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I went there with her a friend who heard of it! We were not disapointed!
First the hostess right away went to check on a free booth for us, way much better.
Then the waitress a true mexican, she knew the menu by heart and my friend and I love speaking spanish in those restaurants! And for once the waitress was nice and mexican!!
The food was amazing! I had the burrito with a chipotle so good, so spicy the way I love it!
If you want to have a good time you'll be pleased!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
los angeles
“Terrific food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I never expected to find a decent Mexican restaurant in Toronto, but went here because it was so close to my hotel. I had a great time! The wait-persons were friendly and gave good advice, and most important, the food was delicious. And it was reasonably priced. I highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2012