“food is overated” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Whitby, Canada
“food is overated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The service was excellent from the hostess to the barstaff.....but the food is ok and not in any way a must eat destination.....the hipster clientelle seems to enjoy it though and the actual decor and ambiance is nice.

Visited July 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Really fun with great food, service and beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

In fact I think I'll go there for lunch today! I've been about a dozen time and the food was consistently great. The atmosphere is noisy and raucous; loud music in the bar área, but a nice crowd. I'm a senior and have always felt welcome there, unlike many places where you can see the waiter eyeing you with disdain for not being hip and young. I've only gone once on a Friday evening when the place turns into a club cum pickup bar, but I managed to get a table and had a the usual great food and service. If you like fish, try their pickerel fried in a cornflake batter. Superb! Another good sign is that when I once had a side of coleslaw that was well beyond its best-before date, the waitress whisked it away and offered me a free pint. That's class and it sure made me want to go back. Like now!! I love the Weissbier. It reminds me of the days when I made my own beer and was shocked at how good I was able to make it!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ontario, Canada
“Awesome service !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

First time visiting,definitely won't be the last. Great draught selection and wine list. We visited sun may 26th, not sure of our servers name but he was fantastic. We frequent a lot of bars and restaurants and this guy was amazing. He was constantly roaming around, ensuring everyone's drinks weren't empty. Had some nachos and fries, were both delish. We were checking out other items being served and everything looked yummy. Also, the hooch hour, you can take advantage of premium drinks for 5 bucks and 250 jäger all day.

Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Nice hangout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have visited this establishment a few times. I do think that the owners are working hard to make this business work. Nice decor, nice drink selection, and capable staff.

I visited recently for dinner, first time I have eaten here. The service was good from the friendly smiling hostess to the friendly smiling waitress.

Drinks are on special around the dinner hour, so had some great beer for about $3 cheaper than anywhere else. ex. $5.09 for a glass of european beer

The menu is not huge but covers burgers/salads/flatbread/sandwiches/steaks. I am generalising there but you get the gist of it. The food is cooked a little tastier than usual, as lots of duck fat is used. Tasty. But the cost of the food was too high for what it is.

The clientele was mix of after-work crowd (small groups, couples) with a table or two full of loud obnoxious yelling ball-cap-wearing dudes and ladies.

Would I return? Sure. The food was tasty and the drinks cheap. But would I return there instead of trying somewhere new? I don't think so.

Overall I would recommend it, but with lowered expectations.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Well Done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went for dinner on a Saturday evening and the place was bustling. Service was super - very friendly and courteous staff that were also very attentive. The menu has unique and unusual items which make this a place that you should try at least once. Portions are generous and food tastes fresh and healthy - even the duck poutine. The food was not laden with salt and the poutine did not taste greasy.....everything was perfectly made. The atmosphere is great as well and the place has a real positive vibe. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013