“Welcoming neighbourhood cafe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tango Palace Coffee Company

Tango Palace Coffee Company
1156 Queen Street East, Toronto, Ontario M4M 1L2, Canada (The Beaches)
416-465-8085
Improve this listing
Ranked #327 of 6,560 restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: The Beaches
“Welcoming neighbourhood cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Sitting here at a comfortable, sunny window table on a Friday morning, surrounded by locals who are relaxing and chatting between the tables about travel & good books & what's happening on the weekend. My son & his girlfriend live nearby & this has become their "third place". It's clear why! In Lesleyville, one of those Toronto neighbourhoods that are not quite as well known as the nearby Beach district, the Annex or Kensington Market, but just as interesting. For people who want a sense of ordinary ambiance, it will give a visitor a good taste of why, years after moving to Vancouver, this city is still the place of my heart. Located on Queen St East between Leslie & Pape, it is a short & interesting street car ride from downtown & the subway. They also seem to have a number of Gluten Free options.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
“Awesome coffee ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Almost as good as Melbourne coffee, great friendly staff. We went here everyday whilst staying with family and did not bother trying anywhere else.

Japan
“Great coffee and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I have been to Tango Palace twice now, and both times have been great. The staff are very friendly and fun to interact with. The coffee is very good, certainly better than the majority of shops I've been to in Toronto. My wife is primarily a tea drinker, and Tango Palace apparently has excellent tea. She had the lychee and pomegranate tea last time, and it was really exceptional. I had a sip, and it was some of the best tea I've ever had. The treats and cookies are also tasty, but nothing too special.
We really like the atmosphere; it's vintage decoration, and my wife is in love with the old-timey looking espresso machine. The only problem is finding a place to sit, as the cafe is very popular.
The only downside for us is it's on the other side of town. We'll look forward to going the next time we're in the Leslie area!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“I try other places...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I try othet places but my heart brings me back to tango every tume...clean quaint...charming...great staff..rhanks taylor anf jeff for guvinf me a chuckle...

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“love it... i try other places..but always come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

great product... great service... comfy clean and cozy.... what else do u need...i stop by often because near my house... i keep going back for the great atmosphere

Visited November 2012