“Fantastic as usual...” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Fantastic as usual...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had a wonderful dinner this wkd at Ruby Watchco. Food was fresh and innovative. Loved the duck, cheese bread and dessert. The sides were delicious. You will not leave this place hungry!!!!!

“Best Birthday Dinner !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I went to Ruby for my birthday a few years ago and still remember the meal to this day. My favourite course was the main course . We had flank steak, mashed red skin potatoes, fresh vegetables and wilted greens. The best steak I had in a long time. The meat was seasoned and cooked to perfection. The meat melted in my mouth it was so tender and incredible. The dessert was a red wine poached pear with home made ice cream that was simply to die for. The pear was perfectly cooked and the sauce wasn't too sweet with just the right amount of acidity. At the time I wasn't able to drink so I ordered what the feature cocktail but without any alcohol! So accommodating and everyone is so passionate when stating what you are about to eat. It makes my mouth water just listening to the server. After the meal was over, I went over to Lynn and talked to her and finally got the chance to ask what the tattoo was on her hand .. A MAZE :) She signed a chef jacket for me and to this day I have it framed and hanging up on my bedroom wall. She is such an inspiration!! I'd go back in a heartbeat !!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto,ON
“Fresh and portion appropriate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

It was a Friday meal so of course fish is the highlight on the menu. Panko crusted trout with spicy gherkin remoulade, the starter salad of mixed greens, marinated garbanzo beans, feta, red onions, beets,crispy prosciutto, lemon sour cream, herb vinaigrette. the cheese corse is an amazing blue benedictine by abby of Saint-Benoit-Du-Lac with candies eggplant with rosemary honey - OH my goodness is that delicous! finished with a very light chocolate cake with an Orange Meringue brulee and coffee caramel. We had the wine pairings with each course and it was a perfect match.
The service was excellant - we had a late sitting and sometimes the service and or food can suffer; but not here at Ruby Watcho, Everything was excellant from start to finish. We look forward to returning.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southern ON
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had wanted to get to the restaurant for a while after watching chef Lynn on TV, finally went and it was all that I expected. The family diner is a treat and food was amazing. Chef Laura chatted with us and Antony chose wine that was perfect. All round great experience, will be back for sure.

Visited June 2014
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were visiting from Niagara on the Lake which is a haven for great farm to table restaurants and local wines.
We were blown away by how amazing this place is. The food quality and local wine pairings were fantastic.
It's nice to see more TO restaurants appreciating award winning local Ontario wines. We wish more did.
Anthony our server was very knowledgeable about the food and where it was sourced. He was also incredibly enthusiastic about Ontario wines and the pairings and how they worked together with the food.
A true gem. We will definitely return and recommend to others!