“Nice experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
Canada
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was my first time having Ethiopian food and I rather enjoyed it. The place is very dark with limited lights and their plates are huge. We ordered their Beef Tibs and barely finished it all. I do have to say that the injera was a bit much after eating handfuls of it. The beef was cooked to perfection and went well with the veggies that were on the plate. The service was a bit slow and the employees don't seem to multitask that well since we had to wait 20 mins to order and 15-20 minutes to get our bill. Overall, it's cheap and the food is good.

Visited September 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Best value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The food is simply amazing!!! We especially enjoyed the Gored Gored. The owner is very nice and accommodating. Our group of 6 really had an amazing time.

• Visited August 2013
Tartu, Estonia
“definetely worth visiting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Nice, small, good and rather cheap food. Huge plates, we 3 of us couldn't finish 2 portions. Also recommended for veggies.

• Visited June 2013
Ontario
“One of my favourites in Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

While there isn't much going on along that strip of bloor, you will always find a lineup of hungry 20- and 30-somethings. Maybe the 30-45 min wait keeps families and other individuals away, but the wait is well worth it!
I was first introduced to Nazareth Bar by a friend of a friend during a visit to Toronto in 2009. When I moved here in 2011, I could only remember its general location. Unfortunately, there are quite a few Ethiopian restaurants along that strip... In the end, none compared (even 2 years later), and it took us a couple tries to find the spot I was looking for.
Once we walked in, I knew it was the place I had been to two years prior. The atmosphere is so relaxing... Especially once you have your food.
The owner comes off as short and unappreciative, but I assure you that is far from the case. She is very hospitable and will remember repeat customers. We always order the same two dishes (veggie platter and veggie tibs) and she'll order it for us when we reach the front of the line before we get our table.
I would highly suggest arriving around 5pm or after 8pm to minimize waiting. Also, this is not a spot where you can linger with old friends to catch up. Once you're done your food and drinks, you're politely asked to leave. It's obvious why.

• Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“What a fantastic Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nazareth restaurant is the best Ethiopian restaurant that I have ever eaten at. The food is exceptional! If you are expecting to be in and out of the restaurant in less than an hour, go someplace else for dinner!It is not a fast food joint! It is extremely busy and well worth the wait! The food is made to order and delicious! Keep up the great work!

• Visited January 2013