My family and I went to Montana's on Saturday, June 2nd to celebrate my mom's birthday. We had a party of 9. Upon arrival, everything seemed fine, but things quickly started going downhill. Lisa, our server was HORRIFIC. Never had I experienced a server so incompetent and unwilling to correct HER mistakes. The following bullets will describe the horrible experience we had:
1. We waiting more than 10 minutes just to be greeted by our server. We were ignored and did not appreciate that.
2. My uncle ordered a 34 oz. beer, however what arrived was a 20 oz. When he asked Lisa for the correct size, she quickly took the 20 oz. cup, but left my uncle waiting for more than 30 minutes to get the 34 oz. He was almost done his meal by the time the 34 oz. came. He asked her multiple times for it, and at one point, Lisa's response was "Oh, they didn't bring it to you yet?" Well, obviously they didn't since he didn't have it! A better response would have been apologetic and she should have followed up immediately.
3. My dad ordered a baked potato with his steak, but the steak came with sweet potato fries. When he told Lisa, she acknowledged the fact that it as her mistake, but she did not rectify the issue! She did not come with the baked potato and my dad just ended up eating what he got even though it was not what he wanted.
4. My aunt ordered a side salad, which did not come. She had to remind Lisa a couple of times for her to finally bring it.
5. Many of us ordered steaks, and Lisa mentioned that we could choose 2 sides - great! So, we asked her what sides we could have. She started listing: "fries, baked potato, salad, veggies, etc." When we were told that salad was an option, 3 people who ordered steak decided to get salad as one of their 2 sides. However, when we received the bill, we saw that each of those salads was $4.99! We were NEVER told that there was an additional surcharge if salad was chosen. Why would she even give us that option if it really wasn't included in the price????? When I asked Lisa about it afterwards, she said that she thought we knew it was $4.99. If she didn't tell us it was that price and she listed it off as an included side, then how would we know that? She said she couldn't do anything about it even though it was HER mistake. This made me extremely upset because it was her mistake, yet she did not rectify it.
6. We weren't even done eating our meals, yet Lisa already asked us if we wanted the bill! We hadn't even looked at the dessert menu yet, which was wanted to do. And through dessert, she kept asking us if we wanted the bill. HOW RUDE! We were clearly STILL eating!
7. After our meal and before dessert, Lisa did not clear our plates. There was absolutely no room for the dessert so we ended up stacking the plates and tidying the table ourselves... ridiculous!
To be honest, I thought I could overlook her first mistake, and even her second. It was the fact that she did not own up to her mistakes that has put a bad taste in my mouth. My family and I will not return to this establishment, and we will not recommend it to anyone we know due to this experience. It's a shame because the food is actually delicious, but the service needs to be improved. Lisa is lucky I left her a tip (I felt the obligation), but really, she deserved absolutely nothing.
If you own or manage Montana's Cookhouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.