“Nice little place...good food...good value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pizza Rustica

Pizza Rustica
270 Wellington St West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3P5, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416-260-0200
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Cross street: John St
Transit: St. Andrews subway station located on King and University is only a 5 minute walk to Pizza Rustica.
ontario, Canada
“Nice little place...good food...good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice little place...good food...good value.
Casual, small, welcoming, simple, yummy.
Good portion size.

Visited December 2012

Ottawa, Canada
“Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Service was good but the pizza was not. Tasted like frozen pizza. It is more of a family restaurant.

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Ontario
“Good pizza, but slow to arrive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went for lunch with a group from work the week before Christmas. Made a reservation for 12:00, which we certainly needed, as it was full when we got there. That was the first clue that things might be slow. Ordered fairly quickly, but then watched people get served, eat their food, pay their bill, and leave, while we still waited for our food. The two pizza ovens can't handle large volumes, so we had to wait while all the other orders before us got processed. Evenually, (45 minutes after the order), I saw our pizzas sitting on the counter, and by the time the friendly, but over-worked waitress could get to them, another 5 minutes passed.

So the now warm (instead of hot) pizzas tasted just fine, and are really quite good, but this is just too long to wait during the work-day. By 1:00 p.m., the restaurant had thinned out a bit, and likely all the orders were in, so food prep time should be much shorter. Normally, I would expect it should take about 10-15 minutes after ordering to serve pizzas, so this was really way too long. The staff was quite apologetic, but there is no plan in place (that I could see) to handle the 12:00 rush. So either go there at 11:45, go on a quiet day, or go after 1:00 (if you have any kind of time pressure). Also, the pizza ovens are electric, not wood, which typically burns much hotter and is quicker (see: Ferraro's)

As a side note, the payment terminal shows an automatic tip percentage based on total bill after tax. I did question that, and was politely told that the standard now is to tip on the gross bill (after tax), but it was my choice. Tioping based on the after tax amount was news to my table. The specific dollar option doesn't easily appear on their display, and I imagine most people think that their tip percentage is based on the food costs. Not a big deal, but I imagine this method of presentation increases their tip amounts.

I didn't give this a great rating, as in my experience, the restaurant cannot handle a lunch rush (if you are at the end of the order cycle), but I can see that this would be a fine place with less of a crowd (or one that comes in after you order). You might also see that this comment is not only my experience, so plan accordingly.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kitchener, Canada
“Great Food/Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were in town for the NFL game this past weekend and looking for a place to grab lunch and catch some of the early games on television. After trying two other places we had been before we stumbled upon Rustica.... SO GLAD WE DID!

The four of us ordered from the menu, and also order a premium pitcher of beer.

I personally had the meatball panini... and it was by far one of the best I've ever had. For only $12.00 I got a generous sized sandwich, along with some tomato chutney.

Our server was also very nice, speedy and made sure that we got our food/drinks and when we were ready to go the bill so we weren't late for the game!!!

Totally would recommend this as a place to go for lunch or dinner when staying in the downtown area. Its close to Rogers Centre and also all the theatres on King

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guelph
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Pizza was delicious and a good size. Food was served very quickly. Service otherwise was slow but it was fairly busy that night. We had a party of 4 and everyone enjoyed their pizza.

Visited November 2012