“Enormous portions” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
277 Front Street W, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X4, Canada (Downtown West)
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Baton Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #877 of 6,977 Restaurants in Toronto
Cross street: John Street
Transit: Subway St-Andrews Station
“Enormous portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We went at 6pm on a Friday evening and the place was already packed. There was a 40 min wait so we got our names down then popped to do a bit of shopping in the Eaton Centre. Service was very good when we finally got seated and didn't have to wait very long for our food. The portions were huge - very big plates filled to the edges. Huge baked potatoes or loads of fries. Ribs looked good but I had chicken which was slightly overcooked. Coleslaw was excellent. Too full for dessert but they looked good and were large portions. Seems to be a very popular place as there was still a queue for tables when we left. Wasn't blown away by the food but it was adequate quality, just too much.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“They Said it Was Prime Rib”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I ordered the 10oz. prime rib and coffee. It came with free soup. I had the potato soup that came with bacon bits, cheese and onion greens on top. It was very nice. When the prime rib came it had grill marks on the top and bottom and was not marbled much or looked like it came off a recent roast. I suspect it was initially frozen and they thawed and grilled to warm it up. I initially asked for rare but the waiter said there was just medium rare. I asked the person who brought it and my waiter and they both said it was prime rib. The bill came to $33.79 with tax. I added tip later.

Droitwich, United Kingdom
“Everything you would expect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Called in early one evening. Place was nearly full but the service did not suffer. Great food and well cooked. I went for the ribs which were a little light on the meat compared to others I have had, but tasty just the same. Fantastic potato soup to start. The nearest member of staff served you so no designated "server" which I thought was much better, and must be much more efficient. Great teamwork. Price was good value and $20 cheaper than the similar restaurant I ate in the night before. Great job!

“Very Tasty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I took my husband and our boys here after a Blue Jays game for dinner. The food was excellent and the service was good. Our dinner was ready quickly. There was a couple of mess ups on our orders ( surprised us because it was 4:30 and not busy ). They quickly fixed the problems. The food is expensive but we did not go away hungry. My husband got a free slice of Key Lime pie because it was his birthday which I thought was nice. Over all a great meal, good service and nice atmosphere. We went to the CN Tower after dinner. Baton Rouge is right next to the Rogers Center and the CN Tower so if you are looking for a good meal close by it might be the place for you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ajax, Canada
“Handy for pre-Rogers Centre events - that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have eaten at a few Bâton Rouge locations. I've never been blown away by the food, but never disappointed, either. Last time I had the ribs, which were good, but you don't get too many on your plate (for the money). I thought that would be too much for me this time, so I opted for the Bâton Rouge burger (minus tomato and their dijonnaise sauce), done medium-well. Good texture, a bit light on flavour - maybe that's why the dijonnaise is part of the dish. The bun held up all the way through. I think I expected an 8 oz. beef burger to be a bit larger. The fries were good - cooked through, crispy but not dry, lightly salted. I think I'd go elsewhere if I was paying, as the value seems fair at best.

• Visited September 2012