“They Said it Was Prime Rib” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
277 Front Street W, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X4, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Baton Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #904 of 6,586 restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Cross street: John Street
Transit: Subway St-Andrews Station
Toronto, Canada
“They Said it Was Prime Rib”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I ordered the 10oz. prime rib and coffee. It came with free soup. I had the potato soup that came with bacon bits, cheese and onion greens on top. It was very nice. When the prime rib came it had grill marks on the top and bottom and was not marbled much or looked like it came off a recent roast. I suspect it was initially frozen and they thawed and grilled to warm it up. I initially asked for rare but the waiter said there was just medium rare. I asked the person who brought it and my waiter and they both said it was prime rib. The bill came to $33.79 with tax. I added tip later.

54% Recommend
Droitwich
“Everything you would expect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Called in early one evening. Place was nearly full but the service did not suffer. Great food and well cooked. I went for the ribs which were a little light on the meat compared to others I have had, but tasty just the same. Fantastic potato soup to start. The nearest member of staff served you so no designated "server" which I thought was much better, and must be much more efficient. Great teamwork. Price was good value and $20 cheaper than the similar restaurant I ate in the night before. Great job!

“Very Tasty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I took my husband and our boys here after a Blue Jays game for dinner. The food was excellent and the service was good. Our dinner was ready quickly. There was a couple of mess ups on our orders ( surprised us because it was 4:30 and not busy ). They quickly fixed the problems. The food is expensive but we did not go away hungry. My husband got a free slice of Key Lime pie because it was his birthday which I thought was nice. Over all a great meal, good service and nice atmosphere. We went to the CN Tower after dinner. Baton Rouge is right next to the Rogers Center and the CN Tower so if you are looking for a good meal close by it might be the place for you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ajax, Canada
“Handy for pre-Rogers Centre events - that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have eaten at a few Bâton Rouge locations. I've never been blown away by the food, but never disappointed, either. Last time I had the ribs, which were good, but you don't get too many on your plate (for the money). I thought that would be too much for me this time, so I opted for the Bâton Rouge burger (minus tomato and their dijonnaise sauce), done medium-well. Good texture, a bit light on flavour - maybe that's why the dijonnaise is part of the dish. The bun held up all the way through. I think I expected an 8 oz. beef burger to be a bit larger. The fries were good - cooked through, crispy but not dry, lightly salted. I think I'd go elsewhere if I was paying, as the value seems fair at best.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Pass the Baton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

It was very pleasant to sit outside but less pleasant to be opposite a speaker emitting over loud music. It took some while (after we had ordered) for the waiter to discover that potato soup, supposedly the signature soup, was not available so my partner had a overly dull Caesar salad before our main courses. The croutons could kindly be described as ordinary, the parmesan sparse. I think it might have been 'flavour-free' week at Baton Rouge. Greg's salmon and sweet potato fries were OK but my coated chicken breast lacked a lot. Cheddar and scallion could have added a zest they did not and an accompanying salsa was little more than slightly lumpy tomato sauce. Garlic mash leant towards the English rather than any French influence in our location as it too avoided any obvious garlic flavour. The dessert menu did not appeal but simple vanilla ice cream was brought willingly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Baton Rouge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.