“Very Tasty.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
277 Front Street W, Toronto, Ontario M5V 2X4, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Baton Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #790 of 6,671 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Cross street: John Street
Transit: Subway St-Andrews Station
“Very Tasty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I took my husband and our boys here after a Blue Jays game for dinner. The food was excellent and the service was good. Our dinner was ready quickly. There was a couple of mess ups on our orders ( surprised us because it was 4:30 and not busy ). They quickly fixed the problems. The food is expensive but we did not go away hungry. My husband got a free slice of Key Lime pie because it was his birthday which I thought was nice. Over all a great meal, good service and nice atmosphere. We went to the CN Tower after dinner. Baton Rouge is right next to the Rogers Center and the CN Tower so if you are looking for a good meal close by it might be the place for you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ajax, Canada
“Handy for pre-Rogers Centre events - that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have eaten at a few Bâton Rouge locations. I've never been blown away by the food, but never disappointed, either. Last time I had the ribs, which were good, but you don't get too many on your plate (for the money). I thought that would be too much for me this time, so I opted for the Bâton Rouge burger (minus tomato and their dijonnaise sauce), done medium-well. Good texture, a bit light on flavour - maybe that's why the dijonnaise is part of the dish. The bun held up all the way through. I think I expected an 8 oz. beef burger to be a bit larger. The fries were good - cooked through, crispy but not dry, lightly salted. I think I'd go elsewhere if I was paying, as the value seems fair at best.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Pass the Baton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

It was very pleasant to sit outside but less pleasant to be opposite a speaker emitting over loud music. It took some while (after we had ordered) for the waiter to discover that potato soup, supposedly the signature soup, was not available so my partner had a overly dull Caesar salad before our main courses. The croutons could kindly be described as ordinary, the parmesan sparse. I think it might have been 'flavour-free' week at Baton Rouge. Greg's salmon and sweet potato fries were OK but my coated chicken breast lacked a lot. Cheddar and scallion could have added a zest they did not and an accompanying salsa was little more than slightly lumpy tomato sauce. Garlic mash leant towards the English rather than any French influence in our location as it too avoided any obvious garlic flavour. The dessert menu did not appeal but simple vanilla ice cream was brought willingly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Excellent choice before a BlueJays game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Finding good food by the Rogers Centre can be a challenge. This Baton Rouge is virtually in the shadow of the ballpark, right on Front Street. The staff are super friendly and helpful. They know that most patrons are time-crunched and always manage to get you in and out when you are in a hurry. That has been my experience all three times I've visited this location.

The last time I was there I had the Amarillo Chicken. Very tasty.

I see other reviewers have had bad experiences with service. Not so for me so far, so I'll keep going back. As for prices, yes they are a bit on the high side compared to places like Kelsey's, Lone Star, Milestones, etc. But I think the food is better at Baton Rouge and the prices are matched with quality and service.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Catharines, Canada
“Baton Rouge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went to this restaurant while waiting around for the kids at the Justin Bieber concert. Decor and ambiance was nice but food was a little pricey for what you got.

Visited September 2011