“for lovers of crepes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crepes a GoGo

Crepes a GoGo
18 Yorkville Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416-922-6765
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
kingston, Jamaica
“for lovers of crepes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

really delicous crepes and i recommend them, firendly and accomodating to alter the fillings and fast tasy meal

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Bad attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I drop by Crepes a Go Go in Yorkville once in a while, on the run, as it's not conducive to lingering. The limonada was too sweet for my taste. And, in my first visit, my glass tumbled over and spilled onto my clothing from the wobbly grated pattern of the table.

I just read Henry P's (another patron from Yelp!!) review (1/18/13) so I understand how he felt. I am glad that I am not the only one feeling rather unnerved by the way I was treated. Civility is quite important for me - especially in the general area where the Cafe is operating, it is expected. For the visitors to Toronto, it's a chic chic area.

I was in my sweats (Nike Upmarket Stylish) on my way to Hazelton Hotel spa today + an errand run to Gingko for herbs refill. After identifying which table I was going to sit in, I made a beeline to the washroom. The owner, I presume, a matron of fairly advance years, spoke loudly to me, and repeated, after I was shocked and didn't quite understand what she was saying, "Are you going to eat here? (I replied "Yes") Leave your bag and then you can stay after the washroom." I "can" stay? Unbeknownst to her, and I am not listing the following to impress but more out of concern, it was a Prada messenger that replaces at ~ $2,000, furlined Armani leather gloves ...etc. together with wads of cash, plus my ID's and my car fob ($850 to replace) for my Lexus LS600h (flagship). And she wants me to leave it unattended next to the entrance? Imagine the hassle if someone swiped it.

It's not so much as the request (which I really couldn't understand in the first place - was I going to steal toilet papers?) but the way she almost "barked" at me, with a forced smile. "You can stay" really is a little much. Rather than making a scene (the place is full), I just walked out.

What was running in my head was, "Did she have a bad experience with Asians?", "Was I too casual"?

If you value good service and courtesy, please "Like" this post.

• Visited January 2013
“Delicious crepes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I love their crepes! The space can be very crowded and hot. I agree with other reviewers that the owner doesn't seem very nice to her staff. But the food is delicious.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“Horrible!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I recently was in Toronto with my sister and we decided on a sunday afternoon to check this place out. The location is lovely and it is quite cute inside albeit very very hot and ver small inside. There is a french woman who owns the place and she had 3 other girls working with her.

We had only been inside for 2 minutes before I discovered what this place is really about. This person is simply horrible. She actually yelled at two customers who had come in inquiring about menus. She yells at the employees constantly half in french and half in english. At one point I actually thought she was going to hit one of these girls. A couple was seated next to us and we all agreed that this woman was more than just rude. She had ordered a savoury crepe that was supposed to have egg. When she got the crepe she found no egg inside and she mentioned this to the waitress. When this owner found this out she yelled at this customer saying I have been doing this for 11 years I know what I am doing! I felt so distressed in this restaurant I just wanted to leave but we had already made our order.

I had the mozzarella and raspberry jam crepe and my sister had the Julia. The crepes were only ok at best. I have had much much better in Paris and actually the best crepes I had were in quaint restaurant run by a very friendly man in San Francisco.

Toronto has so many amazing restaurants so I would strongly recommend checking out other places for a much better dining experience.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Canton, Ohio
“Tasty, Pricey, Cute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I visited this restaurant at their 750 Spadina Av location right by the Spadina Subway stop at the intersection of Bloor.

The french lady serving us was as adorable as her shop, and everything felt authentically French. My boyfriend and I both wanted to try the savory and the sweet crepes, so we ordered one of each (Tartinade/nutella and Côte d'Azur). She made them right there in front of us and asked us if we were going to share. We thought she was just making more conversation, and we said "yes" to confirm that we were. After she finished making them, we realized that she split them both for us and handed us each one sweet and one savory crepe each. She was really kind.

The crepes were great! They were the perfect breakfast. I wish they were a little more full of the toppings on the inside, but they were not severely lacking. They had great flavor and freshness. I haven't had such great crepes since I visited Paris. If I lived in Toronto, I would return at least weekly.

• Visited August 2012