“Still the best breakfast around” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cora's

Cora's
277 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3E4, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416.598.2672
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
“Still the best breakfast around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our third family holiday to Canada in 5 years and Cora's breakfast are still hard to beat. The menu hasn't changed in that time but who cares, given that its as good as it is! Loads of choice and great portion sizes. I adore the Theo's skillet, which is packed full of veggies and potatoes (for British readers, its a kind of posh Bubble and Squeak) and really really tasty.

There is a slightly longer wait than other outlets because it's clearly all cooked to order. The staff are great but I do get the feeling there aren't quite enough of them. Beware of big queues outside at the weekend.

The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because I think the decor is starting to look a little frayed and dated and I think it's high time for Cora's to start using free range eggs. C'mon guys - its 2013 and just think how brilliant it would be for Cora's to lead the way on animal welfare.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Iroquois Falls
“What a Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My partner and I visited here after a night of partying and staying at the Marriott. When we approached the line was pouring out the door. We almost turned around and went somewhere else but WOW am I ever glad we didn't! We were at our table, coffee in had within 10 minutes. Greeting staff, serving staff and management were all very pleasant. We enjoyed Jenny`s service for our visit! My partner had the Sunday something LOL which included eggs cooked the way you like them, bacon, home fries, blueberry pancakes, toast and a very healthy serving of fresh fruit. I had the Eggs Ben et Dictine which of course is Eggs Benedictine, served with homefries and again a very healthy serving of fresh fruit including Strawberries, Apple, Kiwi, Orange, Pineapple and Cantaloupe. For a little extra I added my own twist with Brie cheese and mushrooms on my Eggs :) We both also had their cocktail of the day with was a Strawberry, Banana, Mango and Papaya fruit smoothie! What a great remedy to a hangover :) I am very much so looking forward to visiting this great breakfast place again on my next trip to the city!

Visited August 2013
Fulton, NY
“Best breakfast on our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Cora's was recommended by concierge @ hotel (Intercontinental Toronto Centre) & I can see why! Fun & casual atmosphere, great coffee & menu options featuring fresh fruit & crepes. I was in heaven. My only negative is that we only made it there 1 time on our trip!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clifton, VA
“Yum Yum Eat 'Em Up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had just checked in and breakfast had already been served in the hotel. The staff recommended Cora's, as it was just around the corner. There was a bit of a line because it included early birds for the Blue Jay's game right down the street. But, the food made the wait worthwhile. I'd go so far as to call it special. Very creative breakfasts, generous portions and plenty of healthy fruit and vegetables. I could eat there evry day of the week.

Visited July 2013
Shropshire UK
“Pancakes every time !!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Advised to go here by our tour guide as I wanted a tip for a good place to get pancakes. When we arrived at 10 on a monday morning I was quite surprised to find a queue outside where we stood for around 15 minutes. This was obviously a good thing as it was popular, I found out later that there is often a queue around the block at weekends and when the food arrived i can see why. The pancakes were fluffy and light and tasted fantastic, I opted for 3 pancakes with bacon and eggs and also got some fruit to be healthy. nice warm decor and service although a little slow nice and polite. Good place to go if your near the CN tower or Blue Jays stadium as about a 10 min walk away.

• Visited July 2013