“Try Somewhere Else...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Kultura

Kultura
169 King Street East | at Jarvis, Toronto, Ontario M5A 1J4, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #869 of 6,560 restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Cross street: King. St. E. and Jarvis St.
Transit: King subway station or 504 king streetcar (streetcar stop is Jarvis St.)
Description: 3 Floors, 4 Rooms, 2 Lounge Bars, & seating for up to 200 people. 400 Person Capacity for Events and Corporate Parties. Kultura is a fashionable King Street East it-spot which previously housed the Wagner Rosenbaum Gallery. A stunning site to behold, Kultura boasts itself as a trendsetting, chic, upscale destination for social dining. Lovely tapas sized plates of distinct flavours take diners on an endlessly inventive and inspired world tour. The menu is diverse with cross cultural offerings that include anything from Italian to Asian-fusion cuisine. Amazing Food, Decor & Ambiance.... The Best Toronto has to offer...
“Try Somewhere Else...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went here with friends for Winterlicious in 2012. Not impressed. Everything from drinks to food was over-priced, and we waited an hour for a table, although we had reservations.

There are so many great restaurants in Toronto where you can splurge and have a great time! I just didn't think this place lived up to the hype.

Also, We didn't encounter any friendly staff whatsoever. And that makes or breaks an experience. If you're spending the money on a night out, my advice is to choose somewhere else!

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Nice venue, menu was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went here with some friends for dinner on Saturday night. The menu was not communicated to us in advance of ordering and we were not told it was a tappas menu until our dinners did not come at the same time - would have been great to know. We ordered the Marrow and frites to start and though the bone was huge, there were 2 tiny bites of marrow, which made it impossible to share with 3 other people. I had the short ribs for dinner which was a large helping compared to the other options, but were tough and dry. I found the waiters were ok - not great service as a plate was put in front of me and I was told it was something I did not order, so they had no idea. Needed more sauce to get them done. Desserts were fantastic, the creme brulee was delightful. Was a nice venue, but not worth the price for food which I did not find all that impressive.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Langley, BC
“This is Tapas!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Generally the food was very good but the menu was confusing. Nowhere does it say that it is a tapas format. Some of the dishes are too pricey to be called "tapas" ($26 for a duck confit that was one leg on a bed of beans and not appropriate for sharing.) A bowl of butternut squash soup (which was not on the menu but was available when I asked about a soup starter), was huge, piping hot, under-salted and lacked flavour. I was also told that there was "no bread". They don't serve bread with their soup. You can order one of their naan dishes as bread but that was about $9. The scallops my husband ordered came as 3 grilled scallops with no accompaniment. Tapas. The "chocolate sticky toffee pudding" was not "sticky toffee pudding" at all. I know because I spent 2 weeks in 2008 going around Scotland and England sampling all the sticky toffee pudding I could get my hands on. This was just a chocolate cake with a bit of sauce and a scoop of ice-cream. Wine list was adequate. Service average to inattentive. Definitely not a home run here.

Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Good food, nice cozy atmosphere but”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This place was recommended to me by a co-worker and I took my husband there for dinner. Liked the food, hated the portions to a point where we had to double up on the appetizers which were super small so you can imagine the bill. The waitress worked away with our receipt and when I called back to get a copy, I was told to email in a request and 10 days later, no word from Kultura. It is an OK spot but I work too hard for my money to walk back in there... Hope the fix the noise with the front door

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Good food, but small portions, slow service and incredibly overpriced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The restaurant is a very nice place, and the food tastes very good and is nicely presented. But the portions are very small, the food was served in a really bizzare order (some people who ordered baked goods received them almost immediately while others who ordered salads had to wait considerably longer; looks like the kitchen is not very organized). Prices are also extremely high and are not justified.
It's just a high end restaurant where you pay for the ambience and chic factor instead of the food. Don't go if you're just looking for a decent meal.

• Visited October 2012