“Best affordable sushi in Toronto” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Toronto, Ontario
“Best affordable sushi in Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We love this place. The sushi is incredible - they have a good menu with a lot of choice, the fish is always very fresh, and they use minimal rice. My favourite thing to order is the spicy dragon roll. They also have New Zealand sauvignon blanc wine at a reasonable price. There is a patio open in the summer. The service is good and friendly. Highly recommend!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto, Canada
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The place is amazing! The chefs are from Japan, although just recently I noticed some new guy at the sushi bar counter. Will have to see who he is.
The food is not the cheapest compared to some other sushi places, but it makes you want to come back again and again. Servers are very attentive; the chef is very generous. I am a regular now, so very often I get a free salad or some kind of a new food to try of an occasional souvenir. I ALWAYS order their "Spicy soup". I think I can make the whole lunch of it if I buy 2-3 bowls. That's how good it is! Then I like their appetizers, especially tako wasabi - chopped marinated squid with wasabi root and strips of nori to put it on. Sushi a la cart of course! I like all the exotic stuff: uni, saba, ikura, spicy scalop, spicy tuna... I don't care about the sushi rolls, but that's just me, I am sure they do great rolls. Salmon colar is flavourful and filling! I can also make a whole lunch of their eal with rice.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Our Favorite Japanese Food in the city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We come here many times & we have never been disappointed. The food is always fresh and delicious and the staff friendly and very helpful. Our favorites include yaki ebi (grilled shrimp on a skewer), hiyashi udon (cold noodles served with a quail egg & dipping sauce) and hokkigai tataki (marinated surf clam in a vinaigrette).

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ann Arbor
“Try the CWG maki !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

A very solid sushi place. Not much of an atmosphere, I am afraid, but the food was very fresh and tasty. The black cod was good, nigiri was fresh and yummy, and the kamikaze maki really melting in your mouth. However, the CWG maki was a firecracker! It is simply fish packed with enough wasabi to make you scream, but it was quite memorable.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Reasonably priced, good...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

Reasonably priced, good sushi for take out. Great lunch prices!