“Neighbourhood Bistro at its finest.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Cornwallis, NS
“Neighbourhood Bistro at its finest.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

On a Tuesday evening we found this small space friendly, welcoming and busy. Excellent service by all staff. Menu selections offered choices for us all. Each item we enjoyed from appetizers to desserts. Appreciated the local Sweetgrass beer on offer too. Prices reasonable. Open kitchen let us see each dish prepared fresh.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Port Perry, Canada
“7 Numbers – Italian Food in Greektown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of visiting ‘A Taste of the Danforth’, one of Toronto’s best culinary experiences dedicated to Greek food. In the midst of all the bustle and din I was growing hungry and was debating between a sit-down establishment or one of the dozens of kiosks selling hot, yummy food.

I oped for a sit-down and was torn between several when my eyes caught sight of a place with no name. It was small and crowded and the patio was full but had an atmosphere of exciting chaos. Once inside I realized it served Italian and although I was prepared for Greek, decided to stay and enjoy.

I finally discovered the name: 7 Numbers with a menu of tasty food, fine wine and Peroni, that fine Italian beer. As you enter you sidestep an authentic Italian wine press, while reading the menu on the chalkboard. Service was good and friendly, considering the place was packed as a result of the festival. I had the meatballs, which were not too spicy and quite filling. A second Peroni was followed by an espresso and a good dining experience had come to an end.
4 star

Seven Numbers is located on the Danforth, between Broadview and Pape. Prices are reasonable: dinner for two with two Peronis – $50

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We ate here before a show at the Danforth Music Hall. What a terrific meal!! We had the family style option, which included the best Calamari I have ever eaten, three salads to choose from, three pastas including a lasagna to die for, your choice of entree, and two side dishes. All for $29!! I had the lamb shank for my entree, melt in your mouth terrific. The food is all very authentic, good portion sizes, and wait staff was great. An absolute gem of a restaurant, I'll be back again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“A family operation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Its all about the food. I have eaten several times at their location on 516 Eglinton St. West. Never on Danforth.This is a neighbourhood place, families with kids and young couples.
Mama cooks right in the front of the restaurant. Menu changes but they always have veal meatballs stuffed with mozzarella that are incredibly light, duck leg, lamb shank and a fish special, they always have grilled sardines. The pasta dishes are always fresh tasting. The wine list is adequate, service is great from waiters who know the food and the wine list. My only complaint is it is a little dark.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Good food or comfortable kids?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

As a parent with two kids (5 & 8) who are food fussy, I thought an Italian restaurant wouldn't be too hard because it could serve plain pasta and there is the bread served while you wait for your courses. Well, tables are small but doable to read or do some small work of colouring if you parents come prepared. We saw plenty of other families with young kids there by 6 pm and the resto has a great, chatty atmosphere so no worries about talking loudly. We enjoyed the spinach salad, the lamb shank, side asparagus, and oyster mushroom soup (mmm..). I was disappointed with the fried calamari (too oily). My kids were accommodated with plain pasta cooked in olive oil (resto uses no butter) but it was oil-drenched and could not be digested for long. If you parents want a great meal with great atmosphere (and you will pay for it!) and your kids are mature enough to handle being cramped at the table and appreciate the food, this is the place. But my kids would have been happier with more room, loud talking and more food variety, so we'll stick with Il Fornello's down the street. (Another classy resto that supplies crayons and paper!) We parents might come back to 7 Numbers but without the kids. It definitely has a dedicated clientele and looks like a great place for home-cooking and meeting with friends to drink and feast. But the pricey meal wasn't perfect.

• Visited April 2013