“North America's Best !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,235 of 6,796 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Toronto
“North America's Best !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Have been a big fan of Camarra's for years, their pizza (thin crust) is simply the best pie in North America, and I am a hard critic of pizza places, and in fact have never had a pizza in New York that comes close in taste, (Ingredients in U.S are so inferior, eg, Canadian pepperoni vs U.S pepperoni. No comparison . Anyways usually their Caesar salad is average, but tonight it was bang on, much more flavor and zip, and u guessed it, I am also a hard critic on Caesar salad's with the best in Toronto being "The Octagon" or "Jacob and Co" take your pick, now it was not in this level, but it was much better than past visits. Add that to the perfect pizza. ( U don't last for 50 years with average pie's) and I gave the meal a solid 9.8 out of ten. service was also very good. Fantastic Job guys, try and maintain that level of Caesar salad.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Reading the last review, there are clearly people who are looking for something else, maybe some trendy thin crust from one of the new stone oven authentic pizza places popping up all over town. But I love this pizza - in fact, it is my favourite pizza... in the world... and I've eaten across Italy, Chicago, New York. I guess everyone has their own definition of authenticity and so I am not going to bother debating a very subjective thing. I'll just say that the ingredients are great and there's something about the crust that makes this perfect for me. The restaurant is like an old school Mother's with a pretty boring ambiance. Needless to say, I order delivery quite often. At twice the price of anything else around, I wouldn't consider it to be value, just a very good pie.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“You call that an authentic pizza?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited recently on a Friday night at 7:30 pm; place was dead - should have been my first clue!
The caeser salad was tasteless, and the croutons looked like store-bought.
Both my wife and I had the pizza; crust tasted like a bad frozen pizza, and the pizza was dry.
Should have stayed home and had Delissio !
Oh yeah - there is no parking at this place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Belleville, ON
“Quaint & very Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

After a long day, my children and I were looking for comfort food. We found it here. After being seated immediately, the service was how you expect from Italians. Friendly, professional, and efficient. The food is excellent. The portions are restaurant size, and a touch expensive. However, I see the value in good food, and a great experience. Treat yourself...

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Ontario
“Really excellent pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We've been eating here for more years than I want to admit. As a matter of fact, it was the first restaurant we tried after moving to Toronto in 1974 – basically because it was a block away from our new home and we were beat! That night we enjoyed their pizza, and ever since then, every few months we order one, usually bringing it home. The crust and fresh tomatoes are what makes this pizza special. Toppings are generous.

Eating at the restaurant is rather pricey, but the portions are good and some of the entrees are excellent. We've enjoyed the Farfalle Alla Frattina, Costolettine di Agnello alla Grigilia. (Don't think I have that good a memory. I'm copying from their online menu.)

But at Camarra's, pizza is the thing. Our favourite is a tomato based one with green peppers, onions, black olives, bacon and anchovies. It used to be on the menu years ago and perhaps nostalgia enters into it, but we order this most time. In fact, I'm going to order one right now!

• Visited August 2012