“Excellent and Well Prepared Food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Utsav Indian Cuisine

Utsav Indian Cuisine
69 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5R 1B8, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
416.961.8349
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 6,560 restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Description: Little Indian restaurant with home-made delicious food is a great find. Large portions of hearty food served at great prices.
Niagara Falls, New York
“Excellent and Well Prepared Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was back in Toronto on business and decided to go for some Indian food for a change. I found this place on Tripadvisor and it seemed to have really great reviews so I thought we'd give it a try. It's located in Yorkville which is in the more upscale area of Toronto so I was expecting some higher prices. This place was not high priced though which was a pleasant surprise! The service was great upon entering they had us seated and drinks over within minutes. For apps we ordered the samosa's but they were all out but offered us something similar which turned out to be really good. Then for the mains I had the butter chicken which was fantastic and my friend had the lamb vindaloo which was also really good! We had some sides of yogurt, lime pickle and naan bread all of which were fresh and tasty. The atmosphere was nice as this place is kind of out of the way and didn't have the big crowds to deal with as with some of the other more popular restaurants in Toronto. All in all this was a great experience with great food and very reasonable prices. I would definitely recommend highly!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Fast delivery and Good Food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

After a long day of site seeing we decided to order in at our hotel. We ordered butter chicken and tikka masala. I personally love spicey food, but my gf is not a fan. I thought both dishes had great flavor and the tikka masala had just the right amount of heat. My gf thought the tikka masala was a bit too hot for her liking, so I recommend asking for mild if you don't like heat. The reason for only four stars was because of the actual delivery and what we expected to be included. It's probably our mistake not knowing that the dishes did not come with rice and we had to order it separately, but we expected rice to be included. We also made sure to tell them we needed utensils, but they did not bring any. Overall the food itself is great! Just make sure if your are placing an order to clarify what is included.

Visited May 2013
Saint John, Canada
“Simple and Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This small little establishment had a perfect little menu that will keep you coming back. I went in and absolutely gorged on my most recent trip to Toronto and my bill barely hit $30. Try the vindaloo you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pickering, Canada
“Absolutely no complaints!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I loved my experience here! Great food! very tasty and every dish fresh. Naan bread made to order. Very attentive staff. Also great little spot to have a great meal without the hassle of an overpacked mainstream restaurant. Definitely suggest trying it out! :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Canada
“Good indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Service is great, atmosphere very nice as well but it is the food that stands out.

I would highly recommend the Samusa, Buriani and the Butter Chicken, all are delicious.

• Visited April 2013