“Indian cuisine at its best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Utsav Indian Cuisine

Utsav Indian Cuisine
69 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5R 1B8, Canada (The Annex)
416.961.8349
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Annex
Description: Little Indian restaurant with home-made delicious food is a great find. Large portions of hearty food served at great prices.
“Indian cuisine at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband took my on my second day in Toronto to Utsav. I remember how courteous and friendly the people at this restaurant were to me.

The ambience is really nice and music selection is excellent. The food has been the best in downtown so far, its Indian food with finesse. Whenever I crave for authentic Indian food, I end up going to Utsav. The best part is that since we are their regular customers we always get complementary rice pudding.

I highly recommend this place, great for going on date and also with friends.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Excellent simple food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

In Yorkville, two doors up from Pusateri, this little Indian Resto is excellent. Its simple and good.
Service is most attentive and prompt.The curries are well seasoned, and vary. Try the Kashmiri one with chicken, most delicate. They dont serve meat, but there is a vast selection of fish, chicken and lamb

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“The Indian Flavor that I Savor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Both my friend (from Sri Lanka) and I had the great pleasure of discovering Utsav, and had an absolutely top notch experience. The spices in the Lamb Vindaloo will stay with me for years, the most full flavored Vindaloo I've ever had. We also had the Chicken Biryani, which had one of the most complex Biryani recipes I've ever had, with so many ingredients adding to a full flavored experience.

Top on this however, was the owner and server at Utsav, who gives the ultimate customer experience as if you are eating in his own home. The importance of this amount of owner attention cannot be understated, as it is crucial to the success of Utsav.
5 stars highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Moody, BC, Canada
“Great food, decent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Picked this because it was rated as the 4th highest on Tripadvisor. I thought the food was as good as my favourite Indian in Port Moody BC - Aroma - but it was about 10 percent more. Considering the Yorkville location, it was a great meal at a decent price. Service was attention but not overbearing.

Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Finally a very decent curry in Downtown Toronto!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had been searching for a decent curry place for some time without much success and then we tried Utsav on Yorkville! Wow, even better than the curries we've had living in London. The naan is crisp and fresh and not oily, and the curries are tasty without being overly salty nor do they have that separate layer of oil you so often see on the curry surface. Good selection of Indian food, with good chicken tikka. The Goan fish curry was also very good. Portion sizes are decent, with the two of us sharing one naan and one rice with three curries. The black daal is also worth trying. Next time I crave a curry, I'm definitely heading to Utsav Again! Reasonably priced too!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere