“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Really liked this authentic restaurant.

Good quality, portions were large, and food was fresh.

Schnitzel was fantastic - and the salads were amazing.

Had the sharing platter- we weren't disappointed!

Toronto, Ontario
“Great comfort food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We went on a Sunday, made reservations for 6 pm...the place was already packed. It did take at least 30 minutes for the food to arrive, but I was already expecting that. We ordered the beet root soup with dumplings, that was delicious, we shared one order, that was plenty. For entrees, we ordered the potato pancakes Hungarian style, filled with goulash (pork stew) and cabbage rolls, both were delicious, but my favourite was the pancakes! The portions were large, had enough for another dinner. I would definitely return again.

Visited April 2014
Bradford
“Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Love flaki, and potato pancakes with beef stew, pierogis are OK but not home made. Still one of the best places for Polish food in TO.

Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“went for lunch awesome as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Still one of my top ten restaurants anywhere!!!

went for lunch before a meeting and had the Polonez Schnitzel with fried mushrooms on top wow huge portion, service was good, priced reasonable. (Servers need to wake up though I was served bread with pads of butter ..one was opened and half used and gone very dark, disgusting eeeeww...this is the fault of the server cleaning the last table and my server not checking the butter properly.)

you will not be disappointed with the food here

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Friday is dill pickle soup day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Why doesn't TA have the restaurant's website? Here it is: http://cafepolonez.ca/

Now you can read the menu for yourself and salivate over it (just like I do). Friday is my favourite day to lunch at Cafe Polonez. I'm addicted to their homemade dill pickle soup and I'm not even Polish! Okay, I also really like their cabbage rolls and the enormous Potato Pancake Hungarian Style (stuffed with goulash!). Sometimes I buy the pierogi frozen and take them home. They're not cheap but they sure are good.

• Visited October 2013