“Lovely Ambience - Exellent Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 6,561 restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Lovely Ambience - Exellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

On a bright and sunny day in November, I made reservations at The Hot House Café. It is a favorite of mine in my local neighbourhood of the St. Lawrence Market. The bright atmosphere, friendly staff and excellence in food service always beckons me back. Step inside to the friendly smile of your hostess (a little distraction of the dessert cabinet) on route before you are seated. The bright ambient atmosphere is perfect for casual dining or business lunch or dinner. The menu has an abundance of choices and succulent choices to temp any discerning palates. The wine selection is wonderful and your knowledgeable server navigates you to choices and daily specials.

My lunch companion and I choose from the burger selection: I chose the Black Angus with bacon and cheese, on the gluten free bun with side Greek salad, it simply melted in my mouth. She had the Portobello mushroom with sweet potato fries, remarking how good it was! So juicy and delicious, we politely gathered our knife and forks to save our dignity. We decided that dessert and coffee would be for another day!

One server that I hadn’t seen for in a while came over to say hello, which was remarkable considering the volume of people they serve. Both Andrews and Eleanor take special care of their customers and this is reflected in the staff they hire, through personal attention and detail. This was a wonderful experience, a place I feel at home at.

You may order on line and they have delivery service and reservation.

• Visited November 2013

92% Recommend
Buffalo, New York
“Best Italian ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Vaticanno on Bellair in Yorkville simply best Italian ever and I am 100% Italian. Chef Felice Vacco not only owns the trattoria but best host ever 5 stars for sure.Gary and Lisa Postolese

Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“Toronto!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Clean, on the lake with a wide variety of shops and eclectic neighborhoods. Boardwalk around Lake Ontario, clean city streets. Bicycles everywhere.

Visited October 2013
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“Italian Cuisine in Canada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Who would think you would discover true Italian cuisine in Toronto. Terroni's is exquisite, atmosphere A+, food and service 10+.

Toronto
“The Longest Yard, Turkey Dinner Soup Kitchen Style”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

It's so embarrassing when you organize a dinner at a Restaurant and the food is terrible. Thanks Giving 2013 at the Longest Yard was nasty but the Pumpkin Pie saved the day. I eat at the Longest Yard often and every time the food is great but this year their Special Thanksgiving Dinner was a an epic fail. Turkey was dry and tasteless, cranberries were homemade but tasted like they cooked them in red wine vinegar and the stuffing tasted like a dog treat (not that I have eaten a dog treat but I think this is what they must taste like). They severed White and dark meat (nobody at the dark meat), only put gravy on the potatoes and served carrots from a bag. So disappointed and embarrassed. We paid 19 dollars for a meal that was worse than Fran's dinner food. I ask you… would Burt Reynolds eat this food I think not? Now I have to do a Thanksgiving do over today so I can erase this food memory from my mind.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere