“Food was good, ambiance a little chilly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewater

Rosewater
19 Toronto St, Toronto, Ontario M5C 2R1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosewater is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #236 of 6,800 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Toronto
Cross street: Adelaide
Transit: The Rosewater is two short blocks east and one north of King subway station
Description: Minutes from Toronto's Financial and Theatre districts, Rosewater offers a fresh and unique dining experience. From the intimate setting of the upper mezzanine level, which overlooks the main dining room, to the self-contained supper club on the lower level, this building lends an air of romance and casual decadence when dining on a fusion of modern classics.Rosewater is host to a variety of functions including business lunches/dinners, cocktail receptions and any special events.
Toronto, Canada
“Food was good, ambiance a little chilly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Although, I am all about the decor, I found this restaurant to be a little chilly and lacking in personality. Perhaps some music, live or otherwise, would have helped. The tables are quite a distance apart ,which makes it easy to have a conversation, but makes you feel a little isolated.
We were a party of 4. Although I loved the scallops and risotto, the rest of my group seemed a little disappointed with their dinners. The plating was done well, everything looked great. There really was no wow factor.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto, Canada
“Dramatic venue but boring food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Maybe the food was not good cus we were a very large group eating together. I liked the cocktails, very good. But the food was boring. Heavy chunks of meat with few vegetables. We also were in an extremely cold private room which did not add to the experience. I haven't returned since that experience.

Toronto, Ontario
“Fine little (very expensive) restaurant tucked away...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I had the opportunity to go. Ordered breaded shrimps that we shared which was fine. Had a Manhattan while my husband had the Caesar...both were made well but rather small in size but huge in cost. Our meal was both a steak dinner. Mine a 8oz and my husband 12 oz both came with winter root vegetables...I asked for fried fritters and my husband had the fingerlings ...I think it was miscommunicated as we both ended up with the fritters. Had a side orders of mushrooms (good) and creamed spinach (not good). Atmosphere was wonderful and elegant. Only complaint was that our meat was on the rather cool side instead of warm which may indicate that it was fired up first before the veggies were on the plate. The staff were wonderful and amazingly attentive. Very nice place. Can at least say we had been there.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vaughan, Canada
“Now I can say that I've been...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went there for a staff xmas party. As your group slowly trickles in, they first seat you in the lounge area by the bar until everyone arrives. There, they serve you with drinks and appetizers as you wait.

You are then escorted to your table. The lower level is complete open concept which can accommodate very large groups if needed. The upper level has separated, nicely decorated "meeting rooms" for more private functions for a fee i believe. Even with the open concept and the high ceilings, the resonating noise is controlled so that you can have clear conversations.

As we were a group of 10, the restaurant provided us with a set menu with options. My scallop appetizer was fresh and cooked just right. The peppercorn sauce, beef tenderloin was prepared perfectly but was served with a bland baked potato (no dressings) and a carrot/asparagus veg combo side dish. Nothing different from something you can find at a local chain steakhouse. The 12 layer cake dessert was a nice finish. Wine selection is extensive and our server was helpful at providing suggestions.

Overall, there was nothing awe-inspiring with this place. Did I regret going? No. Would I go back again soon? Umm...there are other places to try first.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“The worst restaurant I have been to in years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The food is terrible - lobster ravioli was terrible and it tasted like salmon

The apps were very poor as well. the Shrimps were breeaded just like ones you would get at a fast food restaurant. They must store the red wines in the furnace room as it was served at an 80 degree temperature.

• Visited November 2012